Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Change FPS in camera on Galaxy A51

(Topic created on: 11-06-2020 04:14 PM)
ndrv4
Apprentice
Options

Why is there no option to change the video recording franerate on samsung a51? Am i doing something wrong?Screenshot_20200611-171344_Camera.jpg

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

The phone only has 30fps video, no 60fps. Reason: exynos 9611.

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11
AndrewL
Options
@ndrv4: The option to change the frame rate varies depending on the shooting mode you're in, however you should look out for a clock symbol with an 'A' in the bottom right of the clock face, located above the preview screen. For reference, please check page 92 of the user manual via the link below.

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/202002/20200203135451641/SM-A515F_UM_EU_QQ_Eng_Rev.1.0...
0 Likes
Solution
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

The phone only has 30fps video, no 60fps. Reason: exynos 9611.

ndrv4
Apprentice
Options

I knew about the Exynos vs Snapdragon thing, but what I didn't know is that a phone from 2020 can't record 1080p in 60fps. I wouldn't ve said anything if this was a budget phone, but honestly there is no excuse for a midranger from 2020 to not be able to record in 60fps. Samsung should definitely work on their Exynos lineup, or just completely switch to making phones with Snapdragon, because this is just awful.

0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

Yeah it's really sad. Afaik even the galaxy S5 from 2014 with exynos does 60fps video, so the a51 not doing it is inexcusable. Also the exynos 9611 has comparable performance to phones half the price, which makes it even worse. And those phones do 60fpa video

ndrv4
Apprentice
Options

Yeah my old Huawei mate 20 lite (hisilicon 710) can record in 60fps, and I paid for that phone less when I got it than I paid for the A51. I am happy with other aspects of this phone though, so I'm still planning on keeping it, but it's such a shame that it isn't capabls of doing something a phone from 2014 can do, as you mentioned.

0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options

Yeah, it's good that the other features of the phone are fine for you. I mean, I couldn't imagine if be saying this in 2020 bit it's lucky you have a slow motion video and more than 4x zoom, because my a8 2018 does neither (I got this for £250 but it retailed for close to 450, and that's inexcusable for the poor specs and camera on offer)

0 Likes
ndrv4
Apprentice
Options

It is a shame that they charge hefty prices for phones that aren't worth like half of that. If only Exynos was good, or they switched to making only Snapdragon models, or they had some software processing that could fix those problems, whatever they could come up with to fix the problem- it would've probably been worth the hefty price. But what can we do, Samsung charges £450 for a phone worth around £200 because of the crappy processor, maybe even less money now considering the phone is 2 years old.

0 Likes
MAK92
First Poster
Options

Exynos 9611 is more than capable to record 1080p in 60fps, Galaxy A71 which is an upper midrange phone of Samsung with Snapdragon 730 also doesnt have the option to record 1080p in 60fps, so its Samsung choice of not adding 60fps recording to its current midrange line up. May be they'll add it with a simple update in future.

0 Likes
muneeb1
Journeyman
Options

can this change via a software update ?

0 Likes