Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth not connecting with anything on A8 since latest update

(Topic created on: 04-09-2019 03:02 AM)
TaylorJ1
Apprentice
Options

My phone updated on 22/04/2019 and since this date my bluetooth will not connect to anything.

I first tried with my fitbit, a charge 2. It pops up on the screen saying 'connected charge 2' and then 'disconnected charge 2' after about 15-30 seconds. If I try to sync the fitbit through the app a few times, it comes up saying there is a bluetooth issue and to reset bluetooth, but when I press this it doesn't make any difference. I thought it was the fitbit but it won't connect to my satnav either. For this it keeps popping up telling me to put in the password - it then tries to connect and says it can't. 

I spoke to a guy on the live chat who guided me through clearing my cache and data on bluetooth, and reseting all network connections. However nothing seems to work. Any ideas? 

129 REPLIES 129
Rookiereece
Explorer
Options

Glad to hear your phone is working, however I downloaded that update the day of release and my phone is still broken 😭

0 Likes
Shadowdog
Journeyman
Options

I already have that update. That is what broke my phone. 

HeatherFJ
First Poster
Options

I've also been having problems with my bluetooth since the last update. My devices won't even pair. It is extremely annoying. My phone is up-to-date I think. Is Samsung doing anything to fix this?

Rookiereece
Explorer
Options

Recieved the Newest Update, hoping for good things during the daily Commute, hopefully no more Manual Syncing 🤣

Shadowdog
Journeyman
Options

Great. Let know how it works out for you. 

0 Likes
Natalie52
Apprentice
Options

I downloaded the new update last night but saw no difference in fitbit connectivity, still got the message unable to pair and even in the fitbit app it would tell me device not found. I also updated the fitbit app. I figured I would just have to continue syncing my fitbit data with my iPad. Then this morning I heard the email notification from my phone and it immediately came through on my fitbit! When I checked the app all my data for the day had already been synced, however when I tried to phone myself I didn't get a call notification on my fitbit, but at least it's some progress?! 

0 Likes
Rookiereece
Explorer
Options

Still not fixed, this is absolutely ridiculous the constant inconvenience of having to resync my bluetooth every time I start my car is absolutely unacceptable.

0 Likes
Shadowdog
Journeyman
Options

Bad news from here as well. I installed the new Samsung update and the update from Fitbit. I can't sync!! 

Bandit1
First Poster
Options

and samsung states it is not them and wants to charge you to fix it 

0 Likes
Dougweller
Journeyman
Options

People seem to hate the new Fitbit update. But as I said, since I updated my A8 last week it's been great. You might not have the newest. If it is the old software no one can fix it.

0 Likes