Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth not connecting with anything on A8 since latest update

(Topic created on: 25-08-2019 07:41 AM)
TaylorJ1
Apprentice
Options

My phone updated on 22/04/2019 and since this date my bluetooth will not connect to anything.

I first tried with my fitbit, a charge 2. It pops up on the screen saying 'connected charge 2' and then 'disconnected charge 2' after about 15-30 seconds. If I try to sync the fitbit through the app a few times, it comes up saying there is a bluetooth issue and to reset bluetooth, but when I press this it doesn't make any difference. I thought it was the fitbit but it won't connect to my satnav either. For this it keeps popping up telling me to put in the password - it then tries to connect and says it can't. 

I spoke to a guy on the live chat who guided me through clearing my cache and data on bluetooth, and reseting all network connections. However nothing seems to work. Any ideas? 

129 REPLIES 129
teeth
Apprentice
Options
Yes I got exactly the same conclusion, fitbit data goes somehow to android app but you can't get heartbeat in realtime. As also with my car radio, phone part got connected but multimedia just gave can't connect error. Try another watch, phone, car or whatever. Winners will manage to get all gadgets working together for a few moments until some update destroys the brief harmony.
0 Likes
Kaza67
Student
Options

Me too. Aince upgrade bluetooth drops out randomly. Fit bit wont pair. I have a new fit bit it wont connect at all. 

June13
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem with my Samsung A8 

0 Likes
Dougweller
Journeyman
Options

Mine stopped syncing a while ago but suddenly it started telling me about calls and text messages!

Shadowdog
Journeyman
Options

My wife and I both have the same problem. It all started when we installed the latest update. I am getting very frustrated, after looking at all 10 pages of Samung users getting no help from the big corporation.

Jarre
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

Today i got an system update to my samsung A8. After update everything is working like it should. Fitbit Notifications is working (calls, messages and calendar), syncing works, excersice loggin with gps and no pairing errors ( charge 2 is is not visible at bluetooth menu). It seems that problems are now fixed at last!

It seems that there was something wrong on
Android 9 or/and Samsung itself and not in fitbit app ( in my case). But still this has been worst customer experience i ever had. Zero points for Fitbit and Samsung because both is telling same bull***** again and again even they know the reason for sure.

Rookiereece
Explorer
Options

Hi would you mind checking when this Update was Released because the last update I got was a Month ago and it didnt Fix My Issues...

0 Likes
Shadowdog
Journeyman
Options

Hi there. It is good to hear that there is a fix for this problem. I don't see a link to the fix in your post. Please let all us know how to fix our phones  Thank you. 

0 Likes
spacesnow
First Poster
Options
My A8 doesn't connect correctly to car's multimedia so there is already a Nokia8.1 waiting until all data and accounts transferred into it. No problems to pair with any device. My brief encounter with Samsung phones soon ends. s10e went back to store and a8 will be retired.
0 Likes
Jarre
Apprentice
Options

Security update 1. August 2019 

First one from the list.

http://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-A530F/NEE/doc.html

And here is the screen capture about last update 

Screenshot_20190902-213453_Software update.jpg

0 Likes