Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bluetooth not connecting with anything on A8 since latest update

(Topic created on: 11-05-2019 03:58 AM)
TaylorJ1
Apprentice
Options

My phone updated on 22/04/2019 and since this date my bluetooth will not connect to anything.

I first tried with my fitbit, a charge 2. It pops up on the screen saying 'connected charge 2' and then 'disconnected charge 2' after about 15-30 seconds. If I try to sync the fitbit through the app a few times, it comes up saying there is a bluetooth issue and to reset bluetooth, but when I press this it doesn't make any difference. I thought it was the fitbit but it won't connect to my satnav either. For this it keeps popping up telling me to put in the password - it then tries to connect and says it can't. 

I spoke to a guy on the live chat who guided me through clearing my cache and data on bluetooth, and reseting all network connections. However nothing seems to work. Any ideas? 

129 REPLIES 129
Gj5
First Poster
Options

I so glad my daughter found this as i have the same problem with my blue tooth it driving me crazy trying to get it to work does anyone know if samsung are going to do anything about it 

inthemiddle3
First Poster
Options

Same here. Very frustrating. Please fix this!

KimmyB
Journeyman
Options

Ok people... can I get you all to go to to your bluetooth settings, click on the 3 dots on the top right. It should then say advanced settings and contact us. Can you all click on contact us and let Samsung know that since the last update that your A8's bluetooth is not now connecting and to what and that you know it is not just your phone because of this forum.  Thank you and good luck.. hopefully the more of us that do this, perhaps Samsung will do something about it and not treat it as an individual phone issue.

JessieT
Student
Options

I tried to do this but there is no option for "contact us". After clicking on advanced all that comes up us ringtone sync  and bluetooth control history 

Natalie52
Apprentice
Options

Go under settings, then connections, then bluetooth. Click the 3 dots in the top right, instead of clicking advanced click on contact us. 

Silkyk
Journeyman
Options

I'm the same, there is no option to "contact us" my advanced section is very limited 

Bluetooth history and ringtone sync 

I had another update today 12th May 2019 hoping that was Samsung fixing the problem, sadly it didn't! 

Natalie52
Apprentice
Options

20190512_095726.jpg

JessieT
Student
Options

That does not come up on mine That does not come up on mineThat does not come up on mine

KimmyB
Journeyman
Options

Ok , I tried talking to my phone provider EE. They didn't want to know. It was "pay £350 for bringing my upgrade forward or mend and lend" . Who are your providers and what do they say? At this rate I am going to have to buy a second hand older S series as this is not fit for purpose...anyone else got any ideas?

0 Likes
liz50
Apprentice
Options
Cant do it nothing coming up
0 Likes