Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Q - Beta/Update release date?

(Topic created on: 01-06-2019 06:26 PM)
AnotnyRWells
First Poster
Options

Hey,

Got myself an A50. Great phone, and I'm wondering if any when we might get a android q beta option? If so, where/how would I update to it?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
TracyR
Options

Great question, @AnotnyRWells 

As with Android P, when it comes round to the Beta, if you have an eligible phone the Beta will be available through the Samsung Members app!

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

0 Likes
AnotnyRWells
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I  started the Samsung Members app, but i can only see a comunity section and a tips section. no download areas or anything related to the q beta?

Is it because I have  a samsung a50? Only got it last week, so it's pretty modern. it's the 4gb, 128gb octo-core one.

Or am i looking in the wrong place?

0 Likes
TracyR
Options

At the mo there's no Beta available on Samsung phones, but if it does become available it will be from the Samsung Members app,

Say "hello!" and

Introduce Yourself, or virtually hangout in the Samsung Lounge

0 Likes
Lykia
MegaStar
Options
+don't expect it to come at the same day when the beta starts on the recent Galaxy S and Note phones because they will be the first to get Android Q like last year with Pie.
Expect it to come between late December or January.

ᐯIEᒪE GᖇÜßE, ᒪYKIᗩ
0 Likes
Mereutacristian
Navigator
Options
Not on A series. Maybe after 2 years. First will be s10, note 10 , s9 s8 line and after mid range smartphones like a series
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Still seems to be no  Beta available for Samsung Galaxy devices, on Pixel phones and a few others , whilst the final release appears to be imminent for Google devices .   https://www.techradar.com/news/android-q    On past practice expected to be early next year before the release  starts to roll out to Samsung devices.  https://www.androidauthority.com/samsung-galaxy-s10-plus-update-969909/

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes