Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 10 A70 Camera problem

(Topic created on: 07-04-2020 09:20 PM)
bruhmoment337
Apprentice
Options
I have a Samsung A70. This morning, I had installed Android 10 on it. I was happy with it until I looked at the camera app. On the A70, you can shoot 3:4 aspect ratio photos in two modes, 12MP, and 32MP (called 3:4H). When I tried zooming in for a photo on 32MP mode. It said that it couldn't zoom in on that mode. However, on 12MP, zooming in was working perfectly. Strangely, before installing Android 10, I never experienced this problem? Did they do this on purpose?

40 REPLIES 40
AndrewL
Options
@bruhmoment337: I had a look into this and found that I was able to zoom in and out in 3:4H aspect while in Photo mode. Could it be that its not the aspect/resolution that is causing the issue, but rather you're in a mode that doesn't support manual zoom (basically all of them except Photo and Pro)? Can you try zooming in on Photo mode while 3:4H is selected to see if you have any success?
bruhmoment337
Apprentice
Options

Nope. P.S in Android 10 they changed the name of it to 3:4 32MP, it used to be 3:4HNope. P.S in Android 10 they changed the name of it to 3:4 32MP, it used to be 3:4H

James_Eck
Journeyman
Options
Is there a quick fix? Please Samsung fix this! I hate this! Need a software update.
MarianV
First Poster
Options

Also in new application of the Camera you cannot switch to the wide mode.

GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
My A70 is the same, not zoom allowed on 32mp mode, I don't use that mode but I just checked
SJW1
First Poster
Options

So disappointed with this upgrade bought the A70 for the camera features really feels like the product has gone backwards. 

GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
The 32mp isn't really the main feature though , the standard 4:3 with pixel binning is the main camera feature , which does allow zoom.
The 32mp wouldn't really offer any benefits apart from resolution size
SeanJ
Student
Options

Also the wide angle lens is gone

James_Eck
Journeyman
Options

@AndrewL, why don't you go update your Android version cuz it states 32MP not 32H in Android 10/One UI 2.0. I think you are in Android 9. Sorry to say this to you. I don't think you are updated. Everyone here is updated at least the guy with screenshot. Here's mine in Pro Mode + 32MP...excuse the blurry hand. Just trying to be a peacemaker here. I'm still stressed.

Can you prove it works by screenshot and not just text? Then I will believe that Samsung has good customer service. :smiling-face:

Screenshot_20200409-094849_Camera.jpg