Support

Open search

APTX support

Highlighted
Explorer

Hi, mate! 

I have tried to enable the APTX feature on my Note 9. 

First, you'll need to enable the developers option in the Settings of your phone. (To enable, please go to Settings> About device/phone> Software information> Tap fast the ''build number'' for almost 5 times)

Once enabled, please go back to Settings> Developers option> Look for Bluetooth Audio codec and change it to APTX.

Hope that it may help! 

First Poster

Pampoo,

The multi-page thread at https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Note9/aptx-HD-support-for-Galaxy-Note-9/td-p/688333 is about very frustrated users of Note 9 not having APTX with either Android 8 be or Android 9 update.

Samsung is out of line.

Andrew (moderator), stop ignoring my post or I will use the Internet to further expose Samsung for not supporting APTX

AntS Moderator

Hi @Chris140 ,

I've put your query forward to our software team to get a definitive answer on this one. Me or one of the other Mods will let you know what the developers reply with. 

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

AntS Moderator

Hi all.

The developers have confirmed that aptX should be available on the latest Samsung smartphone devices - including the A70.

As for specific versions, aptX HD was found to be suspectible to audio chopping whilst streaming during the developers' tests, so they've opted to implement aptX Adaptive support instead. Nothing definitive from them in the 'when' that will be implemented though, but likely to come in a future software update.

Prince_Community_Sig03.jpg

Say "Hello!" to the Community in The Introduce Yourself Thread.

Superuser I
Superuser I

Even if timescaled not definitive yet, good to know that  APTX will be supported in the adaptive format in due course, though  pity problem with the HD.   Some technical information here:

https://www.qualcomm.com/media/documents/files/aptx-adaptive-product-brief.pdf

Top Liked Authors