Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A70 screen will not dim/USB connection.

(Topic created on: 13-01-2020 11:18 PM)
AndrewTanner
Journeyman
Options

Hey,

I've noticed a problem with my A70 regarding trying to dim the screen when locking manually or expecting it to lock after screen timeout.

Basically, my phone won't sleep, at least not whilst charging. I spent a good while playing around with settings on my phone, such as timeout and lock screen settings. I also powered off the device but no luck.

After trying to figure out the problem further I discovered that the notification tray is being constantly updated every few seconds swapping between "Android system USB connector connected" and "Android system USB connector disconnected". So presumably this is what is keeping the phone awake as it thinks it is being constantly connected and disconnected from source USB source. I cleaned out the USB port but it was pretty clean to begin with. I'm not getting any notifications regarding any moisture detection.

The A70 charges just fine (though sometimes there is a slight delay to it recognising being plugged in) and it seems that the USB tethering interface is working well as I can use the remote debugging feature in Google Chrome (for web development purposes) just fine. As far as I can tell, there are no actual issues with the USB port - it functions as I would expect.

The A70 was last updated on the 14th August to "Security Patch level: 1 July 2019" and looking over the log of updates I see that "The charger/USB port's moisture detection algorithm has been improved" - so someone somewhere has been looking at this feature and I doubt it coincidence that my device has just developed a fault, given that I've not had it anywhere near moisture or excessive dirt.. and the port still actually works!

I've also tried Safe Mode but the issue persists. Also, if I power the device off, then plug it into the wall, power it on, the notification issue stops... until I unplug it/switch off the wall socket - then it comes back again.

Anyone else having similar problems?

556 REPLIES 556
Wicksy24
Journeyman
Options
What version am I flashing? I was told I could not downgrade after the December 1st update. Located in Canada.
0 Likes
Arushi
First Poster
Options

My problem is exactly the same, and in addition to that, i've charged my phone the 100% at night and then at morning the battery by itself came to direct 20%. This battery reducementis happening a lot these past few days. Kindly help

adainair
Apprentice
Options

After changing the charging board  in Samsung service i have again same problem.

Samsung fix this!!!

0 Likes
pshand85
Apprentice
Options

I have had this problem now for a few days and have now sent my phone to samsung to investigate

It did it months before but went away itself and never showed after an update in software, I always considered it to be a software issue.

I've tried all methods detailed in this thread (except flashing - rooting phone - stull under warranty)

I look after my phone, there has been no misuse, I beleive these handsets must be extremely suseptable to moisture.

I do use my phone outside in scotland, so moisture is everywhere,

I'm scared they will not warranty my phone although many other people are in the same boat.

Nickalyar
First Poster
Options

I am experiencing exactly the same problem with Samsung A70, it's worse experience as phone overheats and depletes charge quickly, 

0 Likes
Markus19
First Poster
Options

Same thing, i was minding my own buisness, then i noticed that my batery was draining quickly. I thought the port was broken, but when i got home i tried to charge it, everything was normal, until i removed the charger from the phone.

0 Likes
Sebien
Navigator
Options

What a shame Samsung......46 pages of complaining....and no answer !!! What a powerfull company......number one in the world they said.....soooo bad

0 Likes
Sebien
Navigator
Options

That was my first time with a Samsung phone....i never had this kind of problem....WHAT A SHAME !!!!!

0 Likes
Sebien
Navigator
Options

Never had this kind of problem.........WHAT A SHAME

0 Likes
BigMick1
Apprentice
Options

Guys, I think I mentioned I got my phone reflashed by Samsung last week (it took 5 minutes and contrary to what some of you are writing, does not impact warranty - how could it if the company is doing it).  Since then, no issues at all.  So as some contributors have been saying on this forum for a while now, go to Samsung and get the phone reflashed, or if you are tech savvy, download the package and do it yourself (I think  someone posted instructions here too).  It will fix the problem - it is 100% SW related.

0 Likes