Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A70 screen will not dim/USB connection.

(Topic created on: 11-01-2020 10:56 AM)
AndrewTanner
Journeyman
Options

Hey,

I've noticed a problem with my A70 regarding trying to dim the screen when locking manually or expecting it to lock after screen timeout.

Basically, my phone won't sleep, at least not whilst charging. I spent a good while playing around with settings on my phone, such as timeout and lock screen settings. I also powered off the device but no luck.

After trying to figure out the problem further I discovered that the notification tray is being constantly updated every few seconds swapping between "Android system USB connector connected" and "Android system USB connector disconnected". So presumably this is what is keeping the phone awake as it thinks it is being constantly connected and disconnected from source USB source. I cleaned out the USB port but it was pretty clean to begin with. I'm not getting any notifications regarding any moisture detection.

The A70 charges just fine (though sometimes there is a slight delay to it recognising being plugged in) and it seems that the USB tethering interface is working well as I can use the remote debugging feature in Google Chrome (for web development purposes) just fine. As far as I can tell, there are no actual issues with the USB port - it functions as I would expect.

The A70 was last updated on the 14th August to "Security Patch level: 1 July 2019" and looking over the log of updates I see that "The charger/USB port's moisture detection algorithm has been improved" - so someone somewhere has been looking at this feature and I doubt it coincidence that my device has just developed a fault, given that I've not had it anywhere near moisture or excessive dirt.. and the port still actually works!

I've also tried Safe Mode but the issue persists. Also, if I power the device off, then plug it into the wall, power it on, the notification issue stops... until I unplug it/switch off the wall socket - then it comes back again.

Anyone else having similar problems?

556 REPLIES 556
BigMick1
Apprentice
Options

Just had mine reflashed in the Samsung shop and so far, so good.  Will monitor and advise if it returns

AntS
Options

@GingerSteve wrote:
Is the issue limited to a certain batch , geographical location, etc ?
How do we know the issue won't arise in our handsets? Or is it a wait and see thing ?

The developers we have contact with cover the European region only, so the prevalence and exact cause may vary between the regions. If the issue happens, and you’ve exhausted the standard basic troubleshooting people have tried in this thread, then taking your phone to a Support Centre is the best option to get it sorted (and reported back) regardless.

0 Likes
Sebien
Navigator
Options

Did anybody recieved the january update (ASL1)? 

... It is supposed to fix the problem....

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Spot on! I already said that reflashing cures the problem, it's up to you now...
0 Likes
Sebien
Navigator
Options

Screenshot_20200111-051633_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
Wicksy24
Journeyman
Options

In Canada with the issue since the Dec 1st update after using a after market charger. Phone is basically useless off the charger as it continues to glitch and overheat and kills my battery very fast. Getting really fed up as the closest official repair shop is over an hour away and I don't drive. Very frustrating. Get your poop in a group Samsung 

0 Likes
Wicksy24
Journeyman
Options

Screenshot_20200111-002610_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200111-002621_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200111-002634_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200111-002627_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200111-002755_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200111-002639_Chrome.jpg

I love supports uselessness and passive aggressive responses. Either im out a phone for two weeks or out of pocket over $100 to take a train to another city and wait around for a unknown outcome. Great job Samsung.

0 Likes
Tonydif
First Poster
Options

Go to Samsung Mobile...download a70s firmware, and install it.

So simple guys...just do it, stop complaining , please.

So freaking easy, and no, it doesn't void warranty....it's from Samsung!!!!

0 Likes
Sebien
Navigator
Options

Screenshot_20200111-051633_Chrome.jpg

It has to do something with software.....BUT where is the UPDATE ??? Nobody got the new one (january update ASL1) ? 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Mine is still on ask6 November patch

0 Likes