Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A70 screen will not dim/USB connection.

(Topic created on: 09-11-2019 09:43 AM)
AndrewTanner
Journeyman
Options

Hey,

I've noticed a problem with my A70 regarding trying to dim the screen when locking manually or expecting it to lock after screen timeout.

Basically, my phone won't sleep, at least not whilst charging. I spent a good while playing around with settings on my phone, such as timeout and lock screen settings. I also powered off the device but no luck.

After trying to figure out the problem further I discovered that the notification tray is being constantly updated every few seconds swapping between "Android system USB connector connected" and "Android system USB connector disconnected". So presumably this is what is keeping the phone awake as it thinks it is being constantly connected and disconnected from source USB source. I cleaned out the USB port but it was pretty clean to begin with. I'm not getting any notifications regarding any moisture detection.

The A70 charges just fine (though sometimes there is a slight delay to it recognising being plugged in) and it seems that the USB tethering interface is working well as I can use the remote debugging feature in Google Chrome (for web development purposes) just fine. As far as I can tell, there are no actual issues with the USB port - it functions as I would expect.

The A70 was last updated on the 14th August to "Security Patch level: 1 July 2019" and looking over the log of updates I see that "The charger/USB port's moisture detection algorithm has been improved" - so someone somewhere has been looking at this feature and I doubt it coincidence that my device has just developed a fault, given that I've not had it anywhere near moisture or excessive dirt.. and the port still actually works!

I've also tried Safe Mode but the issue persists. Also, if I power the device off, then plug it into the wall, power it on, the notification issue stops... until I unplug it/switch off the wall socket - then it comes back again.

Anyone else having similar problems?

556 REPLIES 556
Hardyb31
Pioneer
Options

Yeah i'm about too give up myself and turn on a galaxy mega 6.3 it never gave me any problems.

0 Likes
Juanemilo
First Poster
Options

Hoy jueves 7 de noviembre me paso los mismo que a muchos, me aparece "sistema Android conector usb conectado-desconectado" y no permite que mi celular se bloquee y se va rápido la batería por favor espero su respuesta y apoyo en este problema. 

0 Likes
Arman97d
Student
Options

I had the same issue. After transferring about 4 GB data from my laptop to my samsung galaxy a70 the problem was gone. There is no any notification about usb connector. I suggest you to try this

My regards 

0 Likes
Amarsingh
First Poster
Options

Solution I found and seems to have solved that issue on my side....

I first drained the phone to less than 15% and then switched it off. Once it was off, I charged it up to 100% and then left overcharging for an extra 30 mins and I after unplug it. Finally switching it on, the problem has disappeared and this fix has fixed it for me for about 3 weeks and I have never recieved it again.

I hope this fix helps you...thanks 

0 Likes
Mikeyguitar
Student
Options

trying this out right now !

0 Likes
DMR22
First Poster
Options

hi all, I'm from Costa Rica and I have the same problem!

My A70 started with this issue 6 days ago. I read all the 23 pages of this topic, I tried everything. When I did the #*0808# and clear the USB cache, I also cleaned the usb port with a toothbrush with a little alcohol. After that, I charge the phone until 100% and it worked for almost 24hrs. Then , I have to plugin again the phone to the charger and the problem came back. I repeated the first 2 steps (without cleaning the usb port) and it is working again, but I think this will happen everytime I need to charge the phone. Tomorrow I will try to change my phone per warranty, it has only 3 months.

0 Likes
MissTolongges
First Poster
Options

I am experiencing the same problem, at first I thought it was just an isolated case I first searched it in google on How To Fix blah blah but nothing worked. Even cleaned the usb port, didn’t work. Anyway this is just my secondary phone I just got October 10 so there’s no way I actually mishandled my phone externally. Tried all of your suggestions but nothing happens. This is Samsung’s issue not ours. Please notice this. Been iPhone user since my very first smartphone, don’t make me regret and hate you Samsung. This is the first time I will give you a shot but you failed, I’m so mad at you, I even make this account just for this!

gaplayer27
Explorer
Options

I feel your pain my friend.  I read on another thread that Samsung said it was water damaged because he was using the phone in the rain.   What?!?!?!  

Samsung repair (out of warranty service) refused to even look at my phone because I had upgraded the software and rooted my phone.  They wouldn't even let me pay for the repair (a software repair too!).

I had to get another phone and contract - I now have 3 contracts and an A70 as a doorstop.  FML and F*** Samsung too.

0 Likes
gaplayer27
Explorer
Options

I did the same, my friend - my phone had a gel case and glass screen protector from day one. I treated it like a f****** baby.

I still cleaned it with an anti-static brush and isopropyl alcohol and dried it. I then used a watchmaker magnifier to view the port and there is absolutely no sign of any liquid or water damage (I know, I used to repair mobile phones 20+ years ago).

Sad times. 😞

0 Likes
gaplayer27
Explorer
Options
If you do get it changed, whatever you do, don't upgrade the firmware at all. I had to buy another phone because Samsung said it was out of warranty - I've had it for several weeks with no issues, installed all the software I would normally use and have even used a 'non-Samsung' USB C cable to charge it - no problems.

0 Likes