Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A70 screen will not dim/USB connection.

(Topic created on: 06-11-2019 07:45 PM)
AndrewTanner
Journeyman
Options

Hey,

I've noticed a problem with my A70 regarding trying to dim the screen when locking manually or expecting it to lock after screen timeout.

Basically, my phone won't sleep, at least not whilst charging. I spent a good while playing around with settings on my phone, such as timeout and lock screen settings. I also powered off the device but no luck.

After trying to figure out the problem further I discovered that the notification tray is being constantly updated every few seconds swapping between "Android system USB connector connected" and "Android system USB connector disconnected". So presumably this is what is keeping the phone awake as it thinks it is being constantly connected and disconnected from source USB source. I cleaned out the USB port but it was pretty clean to begin with. I'm not getting any notifications regarding any moisture detection.

The A70 charges just fine (though sometimes there is a slight delay to it recognising being plugged in) and it seems that the USB tethering interface is working well as I can use the remote debugging feature in Google Chrome (for web development purposes) just fine. As far as I can tell, there are no actual issues with the USB port - it functions as I would expect.

The A70 was last updated on the 14th August to "Security Patch level: 1 July 2019" and looking over the log of updates I see that "The charger/USB port's moisture detection algorithm has been improved" - so someone somewhere has been looking at this feature and I doubt it coincidence that my device has just developed a fault, given that I've not had it anywhere near moisture or excessive dirt.. and the port still actually works!

I've also tried Safe Mode but the issue persists. Also, if I power the device off, then plug it into the wall, power it on, the notification issue stops... until I unplug it/switch off the wall socket - then it comes back again.

Anyone else having similar problems?

556 REPLIES 556
Mikeyguitar
Student
Options
Any Luck ?
0 Likes
Dingabongabong
First Poster
Options

Hey everyone!!

Problem solved for me, and I have literally just registered to send this message.

In short: using a different cable and transferring files for a couple of hours to my laptop solved the problem for me!

I got this problem randomly, wasn't sure how to fix it, tried reseting to factory settings, charging the battery to 100%, nothing worked... UNTIL! 

I was transferring the files from my phone to laptop, because I wanted to do a complete format. It is not the same USB cable as the one that I am using for charging. 

I was transferring a lot of stuff... so it was like a couple of hours. Nothing happened at first as it started to transfer. Then I was just like, okay, I left the room. 

Unexpectedly, I get back a couple of hours later, still transferring, but the notification is gone! Also, charged to almost full battery at that point.

It's been 2 weeks and I haven't seen it again.

0 Likes
Mikeyguitar
Student
Options
Ill give it ago later. Thanks
0 Likes
EricS1010
Journeyman
Options

Having done all the troubleshooting mentioned in this thread, the glitch went away for a couple of weeks but then suddenly returned. I sent the phone for repair and got it back after 9 days. Free repair! A new USB-port seems to have fixed the problem.

0 Likes
Arman97d
Student
Options
I have the same problem with my samsung galaxy A70. I already have installed the latest update (security patch levle: 1 september 2019) and the problem is still there. It start from 2 days ago. First my usb wouldn't connect to My laptop then it got fixed but after that android system keeps notificationing me about usb connected and disconnected without a usb connection. What should i do to fix this?
This prevent my phone to lock and kills my battery life
0 Likes
Ahmed-123456789
First Poster
Options

I can't lock my phone ever

0 Likes
gaplayer27
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I've tried everything within my capability.  I eventually went down the road of:

• -  Rooted my phone and installing a customer ROM, which worked.  I did not like the ROM and reverted back to stock firmware, but now the warranty is invalidated.  
  • -  I made an appointment with Samsung repair, who came out knowing full well that I was prepared to pay for the repair, but they refused and said because the software had tampered with - a new phone motherboard is required, which costs 88.99% of a new phone.  The call-out engineer said if I had dropped it in the toilet and then called him, he could have done something about it, but I was too honest,  he wouldn't even accept my offer/bribe of pizza to fix it. 

• -  Going back to stock firmware brought the problem back.
  • -  Updating to the latest firmware worked, but it's a tease, all of it.  - IT WILL BREAK AGAIN.
  • -  Took my phone back, Samsung told me 'buy a new phone' you rooted it, bye-bye.
  • -  I bought a new phone, I have had it a few weeks now and will NEVER upgrade the firmware, everything works and I have a spare to use as a door stop.,

-  Lessons learned.

-- Don't root your phone.

--  If you have issues, throw it in the toilet and then get Samsung to repair it and 'bring it back into warranty' (THEIR WORDS!).7

I almost love Samsung, the wiley ****s, I just wish I didn't own any of their products now having been through their super-duper ****y customer service these last few weeks.

I hope you get a dry one shoved in your pie hole Samsung, your mobile phones, your slow download site for firmware updates, and the audacity to charge users if they want to download your cripple-ware-firmware.... faster?   Shove it up your prolapsed *********..

Click click, deleted....banned...cheerio people, it was good whilst it lasted.

Warmest of regards Samsung you ****s.

s

Hardyb31
Pioneer
Options

No luck it's a software issue mines back to working order after 3 day's. 

0 Likes
Milot
Explorer
Options

I sold my phone (A70), I was using just for 4 months, it was brand new but the problem was so annoying. Probably I will never buy samsung anymore.

Hailey123
Pioneer
Options

for me this phone is a totally failure