Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A70 screen will not dim/USB connection.

(Topic created on: 29-10-2019 12:19 PM)
AndrewTanner
Journeyman
Options

Hey,

I've noticed a problem with my A70 regarding trying to dim the screen when locking manually or expecting it to lock after screen timeout.

Basically, my phone won't sleep, at least not whilst charging. I spent a good while playing around with settings on my phone, such as timeout and lock screen settings. I also powered off the device but no luck.

After trying to figure out the problem further I discovered that the notification tray is being constantly updated every few seconds swapping between "Android system USB connector connected" and "Android system USB connector disconnected". So presumably this is what is keeping the phone awake as it thinks it is being constantly connected and disconnected from source USB source. I cleaned out the USB port but it was pretty clean to begin with. I'm not getting any notifications regarding any moisture detection.

The A70 charges just fine (though sometimes there is a slight delay to it recognising being plugged in) and it seems that the USB tethering interface is working well as I can use the remote debugging feature in Google Chrome (for web development purposes) just fine. As far as I can tell, there are no actual issues with the USB port - it functions as I would expect.

The A70 was last updated on the 14th August to "Security Patch level: 1 July 2019" and looking over the log of updates I see that "The charger/USB port's moisture detection algorithm has been improved" - so someone somewhere has been looking at this feature and I doubt it coincidence that my device has just developed a fault, given that I've not had it anywhere near moisture or excessive dirt.. and the port still actually works!

I've also tried Safe Mode but the issue persists. Also, if I power the device off, then plug it into the wall, power it on, the notification issue stops... until I unplug it/switch off the wall socket - then it comes back again.

Anyone else having similar problems?

556 REPLIES 556
Hailey123
Pioneer
Options

yes mine just became normal again 

0 Likes
Amoss
Explorer
Options

As long as Samsung won't take responsibility, every lab is on its own. Some will say it's under warranty and some will say it's not.

Replacing the USB connector seems to do the trick but mine was new for 4months until it started to happen so it's not an indication.

0 Likes
PavelBochev
First Poster
Options

⁸how you made the screen stay off i cant find that setting

0 Likes
Hardyb31
Pioneer
Options

@Shan66 wrote:
Problem is fixed by me it seems. It's been 2 days and my phone is fine. No factory reset done No repair centre fix done

Update: After 4 day's my phone back too working order. Should of waited before I factory reset it but oh well it's alive again 🙄

0 Likes
Jspr69
First Poster
Options

This seems to do the trick for me. Surprised Samsung haven't released an update.

@Shan66 wrote:
I'm so far not getting the notification pop up with the screen flashing non stop. I'm not sure if this is a permanent fix. I basically done all the troubleshooting mentioned in this thread. First, unlocked developer mode. -Scrolled to "default usb configuration" selected "charging only" (even though this was done already, I changed it to transfer files, reboot the phone and then selected charging only), once the charging only is selected I done the next below -Someone mentioned dialing *#0808# and selecting the last option then tap on Reboot. Once the phone rebooted, I actually had my device shut down for a good 20 minutes. Until my screen had that brand new cold feeling (which I haven't felt in awhile since this issue), I switched my phone on and no Android System USB notifications...so far though.. it's been about 4+ hours, and still looking good. Hopefully tomorrow will be the same

0 Likes
Shan66
Explorer
Options
Update. No issues and phone is working fine as new. Jeez, wtf is wrong with Samsung not to fix this in an update patch fox or something? I was on the verge of selling this phone and going back to Huawei! Not a good impression for a first time Samsung user.
0 Likes
Shan66
Explorer
Options
My phone is still working..I just hope it remains working, we didn't have to do all this to start with
0 Likes
Milot
Explorer
Options

I am happy for you but I hope that it remaing working and the notification never returns because for me the fix was for almost 2 weeks, never showed for 2 weeks, but suddenly while I was using the phone the notification showed 😪

Shan66
Explorer
Options
I know, it's my second time that I did the fix. The first time I browsed the internet to the ends of the google pages, with no luck and then the second time when it happened I came across this forum to let everyone know what worked for me, and used all fixes discussed in this thread in repeated. I hope everyone gets this fix right though..its not a nice feeling knowing there is a problem with your phone, especially a new one
JIJATov
Apprentice
Options

2 week and my phone still screen on i hope samsung can fix that issue soon . 😞

0 Likes