Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A70 screen will not dim/USB connection.

(Topic created on: 24-10-2019 12:24 PM)
AndrewTanner
Journeyman
Options

Hey,

I've noticed a problem with my A70 regarding trying to dim the screen when locking manually or expecting it to lock after screen timeout.

Basically, my phone won't sleep, at least not whilst charging. I spent a good while playing around with settings on my phone, such as timeout and lock screen settings. I also powered off the device but no luck.

After trying to figure out the problem further I discovered that the notification tray is being constantly updated every few seconds swapping between "Android system USB connector connected" and "Android system USB connector disconnected". So presumably this is what is keeping the phone awake as it thinks it is being constantly connected and disconnected from source USB source. I cleaned out the USB port but it was pretty clean to begin with. I'm not getting any notifications regarding any moisture detection.

The A70 charges just fine (though sometimes there is a slight delay to it recognising being plugged in) and it seems that the USB tethering interface is working well as I can use the remote debugging feature in Google Chrome (for web development purposes) just fine. As far as I can tell, there are no actual issues with the USB port - it functions as I would expect.

The A70 was last updated on the 14th August to "Security Patch level: 1 July 2019" and looking over the log of updates I see that "The charger/USB port's moisture detection algorithm has been improved" - so someone somewhere has been looking at this feature and I doubt it coincidence that my device has just developed a fault, given that I've not had it anywhere near moisture or excessive dirt.. and the port still actually works!

I've also tried Safe Mode but the issue persists. Also, if I power the device off, then plug it into the wall, power it on, the notification issue stops... until I unplug it/switch off the wall socket - then it comes back again.

Anyone else having similar problems?

556 REPLIES 556
Sheaden11
First Poster
Options

My phone will close down, its killing my ba

0 Likes
Pmeister
Student
Options

This issue wasn't happening until they updated "moisture sensor" in USB port. Immediately after I've updated my A70 it started to spam USB notifications and all other problems mentioned in this thread. That's why I do not believe it has anything to do with hardware, and sending my new phone to be dismantled and to have a USB port replaced is a bit of an overkill when it is clearly a software problem.

Can anybody testify (if u had this done) that replacement of the port successfully solved this issue or you had to "repair" it more than once? 

All of the methods listed in this thread are, in best case scenario, just a temporary solution, and problems are manifesting themselves again next time you disconnect the charger from the phone. 

Since a lot of different models of Samsung phones are experiencing the same issue, I can't help myself thinking that this is either a botched factory process (if the problem is with the hardware), or their software engineers not doing enough engineering before releasing software updates to the general public.

TO SAMSUNG: Stop focusing on stuff like Bixby AI, bokeh effects and sh*t like that and focus on making phones actually work as intended. ***** I took A70 on regard of huge battery, and it means absolutley nothing if your f*ck ups drains the phone in matter of couple hours. Do not make me regret not buying Huawei.

b-c
Explorer
Options

@Pmeister wrote:

This issue wasn't happening until they updated "moisture sensor" in USB port. Immediately after I've updated my A70 it started to spam USB notifications and all other problems mentioned in this thread. That's why I do not believe it has anything to do with hardware, and sending my new phone to be dismantled and to have a USB port replaced is a bit of an overkill when it is clearly a software problem.

Can anybody testify (if u had this done) that replacement of the port successfully solved this issue or you had to "repair" it more than once? 

All of the methods listed in this thread are, in best case scenario, just a temporary solution, and problems are manifesting themselves again next time you disconnect the charger from the phone. 

Since a lot of different models of Samsung phones are experiencing the same issue, I can't help myself thinking that this is either a botched factory process (if the problem is with the hardware), or their software engineers not doing enough engineering before releasing software updates to the general public.

TO SAMSUNG: Stop focusing on stuff like Bixby AI, bokeh effects and sh*t like that and focus on making phones actually work as intended. ***** I took A70 on regard of huge battery, and it means absolutley nothing if your f*ck ups drains the phone in matter of couple hours. Do not make me regret not buying Huawei.

My experience opinion and feelings exactly.

Mine is now at the vendor to be repaired but if they spin some yarn about liquid ingress there will be trouble

Hailey123
Pioneer
Options

Hi i can confirm 100% that is a software issue 

I had replaced my usb port and still the same problem.......please trust me don't go to try to fix because you are throwing you money 

Samsung should come out with a solution 

We are talking on New phones mine is just 1mt old ...

Pmeister
Student
Options

Tnx for the info, I was 99% sure it has nothing to do with the port, you just gave me the last 1% :smiling-face:

Thing is, this issue is happening and can happen on any phone from A series, S series, Note etc. Different models, different countries, different USB ports, same problem. I just hope my phone doesn't explode as Note used to... :wink:wink:. If they do not fix this in a month there is no way I'm buying anything from Samsung anymore, not a TV, headphones, even an air conditioner is out of question. I've always recommended their products to people, but after this, in my good consciousness i cannot do that any more.

Keeara
Explorer
Options

Hi guys, my phone had the update. Seems working, we'll see. It's EU versione bought on Amazon.it

0 Likes
Milot
Explorer
Options
Can you please the last update What's new ?
0 Likes
Keeara
Explorer
Options

Fingerprint sensor was improved

Face sensor was improved

Bug fix 

Security Patch

Type c headphones now can be used

The usb port bug was fixed

Camera was improved

It's faster than before

Karo_Nash_Jr
First Poster
Options

for me it worked like this:

connect the charger and then press the down volume button with the power button until the phone restarts

and then full charge the phone to 100% .

do not remove the cable of the charger before 100%

Now my one month old A70 works fine but I want to see what will happen when I'll need to charge it again

0 Likes
Keeara
Explorer
Options

After the update i did volume up reboot and seems working

Now i'll see if it works

0 Likes