Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A70 screen will not dim/USB connection.

(Topic created on: 21-10-2019 09:04 AM)
AndrewTanner
Journeyman
Options

Hey,

I've noticed a problem with my A70 regarding trying to dim the screen when locking manually or expecting it to lock after screen timeout.

Basically, my phone won't sleep, at least not whilst charging. I spent a good while playing around with settings on my phone, such as timeout and lock screen settings. I also powered off the device but no luck.

After trying to figure out the problem further I discovered that the notification tray is being constantly updated every few seconds swapping between "Android system USB connector connected" and "Android system USB connector disconnected". So presumably this is what is keeping the phone awake as it thinks it is being constantly connected and disconnected from source USB source. I cleaned out the USB port but it was pretty clean to begin with. I'm not getting any notifications regarding any moisture detection.

The A70 charges just fine (though sometimes there is a slight delay to it recognising being plugged in) and it seems that the USB tethering interface is working well as I can use the remote debugging feature in Google Chrome (for web development purposes) just fine. As far as I can tell, there are no actual issues with the USB port - it functions as I would expect.

The A70 was last updated on the 14th August to "Security Patch level: 1 July 2019" and looking over the log of updates I see that "The charger/USB port's moisture detection algorithm has been improved" - so someone somewhere has been looking at this feature and I doubt it coincidence that my device has just developed a fault, given that I've not had it anywhere near moisture or excessive dirt.. and the port still actually works!

I've also tried Safe Mode but the issue persists. Also, if I power the device off, then plug it into the wall, power it on, the notification issue stops... until I unplug it/switch off the wall socket - then it comes back again.

Anyone else having similar problems?

556 REPLIES 556
b-c
Explorer
Options

To be clear, I have tried all the suggestions on this thread and they have not worked. The problem does seem to be better if I just use the Samsung supplied charger and cable, but not 100% cured. 

This seems like a poor engineering job and does not reflect well on Samsung products

brazio
First Poster
Options

i left mine in the store where i bought it and they sent it over to samsung, i hope it returns fixed, let's see

0 Likes
Shoei5
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

On may I bought a Samsung A70, after two months this problem appeared on my device. I investigated on internet but I didn't find more cases with this problem.

In waranty, the shop changed my device for a new one.

Yestarday, two months again after the change, the same problem appeared in the new device, amazing!

I think the common problem is caused by a little hardware component.

I found a little solution, if select a black lock screen the overheating and uncharging battery decrease.

It would be a detail from Samsung enable the option to deny the USB notification, with this option the problem will be 'solved'...

Regards,

0 Likes
Hailey123
Pioneer
Options

Hi I bought A70 2 months ago and the supplier said is not covered with guarantee 

If this is true 

I have bought Samsung mobiles for 12 years I swear I will ever buy a Samsung device again 

0 Likes
GillesB
First Poster
Options

Have the same, they charged me 1 15eu.. 

0 Likes
Hailey123
Pioneer
Options

I will never buy a Samsung again really disappointed 

0 Likes
Keeara
Explorer
Options

I went to the Samsung Center today and the phone was working (i don't say other words otherwise i would be banned). So i was thinking the problem was gone..after 30 min was here again. This is for sure a software issue and Samsung has to produce an Update right now. That's my last phone with Samsung, i'm done.

0 Likes
Hailey123
Pioneer
Options

Yes for sure is not a hardware issue as my friend was only 3 days and same issue 

0 Likes
Shoei5
First Poster
Options

I don't know, but in my opinion if the issue is caused by software when we done factory reset should be resolved, at least for a while...

0 Likes
Shoei5
First Poster
Options

Hi guys,

Good news, after some attemps to clean usb port with air presure, toothbrush, etc. Today I try with thin and hard plastic wire with the phone turned off, and surprise, after power on the notifications disappear!

Before it, the usb port it was apparently clear...

0 Likes