Support

Open search

A70 screen will not dim/USB connection.

First Poster
Can you maybe explain step by step what you did. Bc i don't know what u mean with the dialler.

Thanks in advance
Highlighted
First Poster

It seems to start once the phone has gone to "sleep" and been woken up. It happens in Safe Mode too as power management is handled by Android / firmware.

There may also be a hardware issue, dunno...

Highlighted
First Poster

Did factory reset.

All fine till it went to sleep. When it woke up, same problem.

Highlighted
First Poster

gaplayer27's solution is working for me

On your phone go to the dialler, the bit where you would put the numbers in like you're going to make a phonecall.

Type the numbers gaplayer27 said, *#0808#

You have to physically type them, not copy and paste.

As soon as you enter the last character the screen he said will appear. It's some kind of low-level USB mode override.

Select the bottom option.

Click apply.

Repeat and make sure the bottom option is still selected then hit the other button at the bottom which is "Reboot".

My guess is there's a problem with the USB drivers when coming out of sleep mode and they hit some sort of infinite loop, and this resets them. But that couldn't possibly be the case could it? Wouldn't it have been picked up in integration testing on the firmware?

Highlighted

I've tried this and it didn't fix anything.

Highlighted
Explorer

@Iets wrote:
Can you maybe explain step by step what you do. Bc i don't understand what u mean with dialler

A70_DiaUSB_SettingsMenu.jpg

As soon as you press the last '#' symbol the USBSettings menu should open automatically, good luck!

Highlighted
Explorer
Yes, I foiund I had the same problem in safe mode too :(
Highlighted
First Poster

it works temporarily. Was just charging with a dodgy in-car charger and it's set it off again...

Highlighted
First Poster

having the same problem since sunday, tried every solution i can find and nothing works. it's getting really annoying... 

Highlighted
Explorer

While the phone is on, press volume down and power button for 10seconds till the phone restarts. I think this works.

Top Liked Authors