Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A70 Wifi Problem?

(Topic created on: 11-06-2019 02:09 AM)
guii
First Poster
Options

So, I recently bought a Samsung A70 and I'm having issues with connecting it on our WiFi at home. It can connect to other networks but it just can't seem to connect to ours. How can you fix that problem? Is it the router or the phone who has problems? Thanks in advance!

52 REPLIES 52
AAbedin
First Poster
Options

I have the smar problem and it is the device problem I never had these issues on my previous Samsung devices. I have other Samsung they are in same network just this a70 freezes nothing brows

0 Likes
IssioN_GER
First Poster
Options
I have the same issue. It's getting even worse when I have connected Bluetooth devices. Some times the internet stops working and no exclamation mark is shown (not every time). When I disconnect my bluetooth devices, it starts loading again.

I was experimenting with diffrent BT devices. It occurs with my Samsung Gear S3, Anker SpiritX, MPOW Flame 2 and my beloved Sennheiser CX7. Switched the router model already and this still occurs on a daily basis!

A few Months ago I had extreme touch issues and now this? I hope they will fix it in the next update. Maybe it's just some driver error with the wifi and bluetooth chipset.

- Software is up to date
- happens also in safe mode but less frequently
- Wifi is 2,4GHz only (switched the router)
- Tried multiple "fixes" like turning off Hotspot 2.0 and a few other options and but nothing helped
- Wiped the device after the last RMA 2 Months ago

Btw. Wiping a device I need for work and private periodicaly to keep it running, is a very poor solution. Imagine reinstalling Windows every 3-6 Months...

I need WiFi, I need WiFi-Calling (because of poor reception at my place), I need Bluetooth for my headset.
0 Likes
Michalvalter13
First Poster
Options

@guii wrote:

So, I recently bought a Samsung A70 and I'm having issues with connecting it on our WiFi at home. It can connect to other networks but it just can't seem to connect to ours. How can you fix that problem? Is it the router or the phone who has problems? Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Lherry
First Poster
Options
what did you do
0 Likes
Pauldamo
Apprentice
Options

I even have problems with my data connection as well as my wifi,but sometimes i can't connect to the internet,even though they will be on, i just turn the connections off and on,or restart my phone.I'm waiting for the April android update,hoping they have fixed the problems by then

0 Likes
MisterM2020
First Poster
Options

I had this issue and tried as many solutions as I could find, none of which worked for me.

In the end, I logged into my router and under the wifi settings I could see that my phone was connected to the 2.4Ghz frequency of my router. I split the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frquencies in the wireless settings of my router, as they were currently merged. I gave the 5GHz frequency it's own SSID (name), making sure its was different to the 2.4GHz frequency (I just added a 5 to the end of the SSID). I then connected to my new Wifi network that appeared on my phone (I also set the phone to forget the original Wifi network, so as not to reconnect to that by accident) and hey presto; I now have a stable wifi connection on my A70 in my home. It's also noticeably faster too.

The phone clearly prefers 5GHz over 2.4GHz for soem reason.

I have a Plusnet One hub. To change the Wifi frequency settings, I had to go to Advanced Settings to reach the options I needed under Wifi, which requires a login. If you have this hub, your login details should be on the back of the router. Just go to http://192.168.1.254 in your browser, which should get you to your router control panel.

Hope that helps somebody.

Mr M

Adeniyi
First Poster
Options

My Samsun A70 keeps connecting and disconnecting from my wifi. Can make a video call without it disconnecting while my laptop and iphone connects perfectly and are stable. What could be wrong?

0 Likes
LevBaron1984
First Poster
Options

Wifi is not performing well. I have many communication slow downs

0 Likes
Lady_iris19
First Poster
Options

@MisterM2020 wrote:

I had this issue and tried as many solutions as I could find, none of which worked for me.

In the end, I logged into my router and under the wifi settings I could see that my phone was connected to the 2.4Ghz frequency of my router. I split the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frquencies in the wireless settings of my router, as they were currently merged. I gave the 5GHz frequency it's own SSID (name), making sure its was different to the 2.4GHz frequency (I just added a 5 to the end of the SSID). I then connected to my new Wifi network that appeared on my phone (I also set the phone to forget the original Wifi network, so as not to reconnect to that by accident) and hey presto; I now have a stable wifi connection on my A70 in my home. It's also noticeably faster too.

The phone clearly prefers 5GHz over 2.4GHz for soem reason.

I have a Plusnet One hub. To change the Wifi frequency settings, I had to go to Advanced Settings to reach the options I needed under Wifi, which requires a login. If you have this hub, your login details should be on the back of the router. Just go to http://192.168.1.254 in your browser, which should get you to your router control panel.

Hope that helps somebody.

Mr M

: Thank you!!!! THIS RESOLVED MY WIFI ISSUE!!! :smiling-face:

0 Likes
reach2dinu
First Poster
Options

Hi,

i had similar issue. i removed the case and now it have good wifi and cellular reception.

the problem i belive is the antena design is in the top backside of the device and if something physically blocks it, the reception is reduced. 

try it and let me know whether it helps.