Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A70 Wifi Problem?

(Topic created on: 12-06-2019 01:20 PM)
guii
First Poster
Options

So, I recently bought a Samsung A70 and I'm having issues with connecting it on our WiFi at home. It can connect to other networks but it just can't seem to connect to ours. How can you fix that problem? Is it the router or the phone who has problems? Thanks in advance!

52 REPLIES 52
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If the phone connects to other wifi sources ok then that points to your home Broadband router and wifi.

You could try splitting the frequencies in your router to 2.4ghz and 5ghz and then connect to one or the other to see if that improves the situation.

Also go into your phones wifi connections and forget the network to start afresh @guii 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Eax31
Apprentice
Options

Same problem here. No WiFi on the Samsung A70. It sees the networks, but won't connect to them. Yes, the password is correct and I've also reset the networks on the phone etc.

Every other device works just fine, so the problem must be on the phone.

Help?

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can run a diagnostic test on the phone for you.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Adamhully
Journeyman
Options

What router are you both using? Is it a Virgin Superhub by any chance?

0 Likes
jdcross79
Apprentice
Options

This is not a networks issue, I'm going through the same thing you've described and I am from LATIN. This is a device problem and this is very sad, because we have one of the lastes model of samsung and it comes with a very serious problem. I do not know why, but it can't connect to all routers you wanted, however, other devices and older devices can do it perfectly. I made a PING test comparing my very old galaxy J5 Prime with my new A70 and results are ridiculuous, my old J5 Prime runs faster than my new A70, almost twice faster, this is ridiculous, it can't be possible. On this test, my A70 lost more data package than my J5 Prime. And this is not a single event, because I changed my first A70 and the store gave me a new one, but the problem persists. What happends with samsung with this model? We need a serious anwer and solution from them?

REHH
First Poster
Options
Having issues here too. Phone connects to the network, but drops in and out constantly, meaning it's impossible to chromecast or browse via wi-fi uninterrupted, and such few solutions out there or help.
Eax31
Apprentice
Options

Hello, no.

I'm using a setup of Cisco Aironet access points. The router isn't the problem as other Samsung devices have no issues connecting.

0 Likes
Eax31
Apprentice
Options

In the end, I've tried everything. Phone updated to latest available software. Cisco access points updated. Router/Firewall updated. Different radios used on the access points, different encryption.

Nothing worked, the phone simply wouldn't connect so I've sent it back to the shop and got a different model. Which worked without any issues. Too bad because it looked like a very nice phone.

0 Likes
Shaw1
First Poster
Options

@guii wrote:

So, I recently bought a Samsung A70 and I'm having issues with connecting it on our WiFi at home. It can connect to other networks but it just can't seem to connect to ours. How can you fix that problem? Is it the router or the phone who has problems? Thanks in advance!

I had exact same problem contacted Samsung,tech dept.they walked me through settings and I fixed it works great now

0 Likes