Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A70 Water damage, any advice?

(Topic created on: 26-01-2020 04:48 PM)
Jazmin0203
Apprentice
Options

So i dropped my phone in a sink with water in it, my phone (A70) fell about half way in with the bottom, going in first. I took it out almost immediately and the next day took it to a repair shop and had them clean it out for me to remove all the water. After that they said it would over £100 to fix so I decided no for now. I got home and the phone still  didnt work (not surprisingly) but then I've tried it today and it worked? After doing the power and volume down thing. But now its stopped working again. Is this a short from the board to the LCD? Or do I just need a full new screen? TIA

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@Jazmin0203 wrote:

So i dropped my phone in a sink with water in it, my phone (A70) fell about half way in with the bottom, going in first. I took it out almost immediately and the next day took it to a repair shop and had them clean it out for me to remove all the water. After that they said it would over £100 to fix so I decided no for now. I got home and the phone still  didnt work (not surprisingly) but then I've tried it today and it worked? After doing the power and volume down thing. But now its stopped working again. Is this a short from the board to the LCD? Or do I just need a full new screen? TIA

How could we possibly tell ? You'll have to go to some repair shop or to Samsung and let them have a look. You could try Samsung's Fast Repair Sevice.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options
@Jazmin0203: Based on the nature of your query I recommend visiting one of our authorised Support Centres where an engineer can inspect your A70. To find your nearest one please check the following link, select 'Mobile Device' and enter your post code. http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/
Please be aware that physical/liquid damage is not covered by the standard manufacturers warranty, therefore a charge may be applicable to cover the cost of the service. For your peace of mind, any costs will be issued prior to the service going ahead.
0 Likes
Jazmin0203
Apprentice
Options
No I know. What I'm saying is if it was the display itself it would never work again but the fact its come back on and then stopped again it cant be that I need the full front housing replacing which bumps up the cost. A lot of repair shops rip people off and I wanted to be knowledgable before taking it back to the shop that's why I'm asking on here!
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Jazmin0203: I had a similar scenario whereby my phone was exposed to water, stopped working, but functionality returned when left in a cool, dry place for a few hours. It's very difficult to diagnose why your A70 has failed again, therefore I think it's best to have an authorised engineer inspect the device.

0 Likes
Jazmin0203
Apprentice
Options
Sorry. Do you mean when you left it somewhere cool it started functioning properly again and didn't break again ? Or do you mean it worked for a few hours and then didn't?
0 Likes
DYasinCan
Apprentice
Options

Try to put your mobile in rice about 24 hours. 
See this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBOiaivTI3U

If it doesn't work, some components probably got damaged and you should take your mobile to a Samsung Support Center.

--
A Samsung Galaxy S10 User
--
0 Likes