Support

Open search

A6 bluetooth not working

First Poster

Had a new A6 last week. Can't turn the bluetooth on at all, notification banner button doesn't work and the main setting option doesn't work. Any ideas? 

28 REPLIES 28
AndrewL Moderator
Hi @Jamesdent

Is the Bluetooth option greyed out/inaccessible in the Connection menu (Settings > Connections > Bluetooth > On)? If you tap the 3 dots in the right hand corner of the Bluetooth Connection menu and select 'Bluetooth Control History', are any apps listed that may be switching off or preventing the connection?
First Poster

No you can still press the button in the settings menu but nothing happens doesn't turn on and no there's no apps in that menu 

AndrewL Moderator
What are you attempting to connect to @Jamesdent? It may be worth checking to ensure that Bluetooth is enabled on the device you're trying to pair the phone with, as otherwise it will not appear in the Available Devices menu.
First Poster

That's the thing I can't pysicly connect anything because it won't turn on 

CarlH Moderator

Can you try this in Safe Mode, @Jamesdent? To activate this, restart your phone but whilst it's powering up, keep the 'Volume Down' button held until you reach the home screen. If done correctly, Safe Mode will be displayed in the bottom left corner. Let me know if Bluetooth works during this. 

First Poster

No this didn't work either 

CarlH Moderator

Thanks for testing that, @Jamesdent. This indicates that a third party app isn't the cause. I would recommend either taking it to the retailer for a refund/ replacement or taking it to a local Service Centre for an engineer to inspect. Should you choose the latter, this link will direct you to the closest in your area.

First Poster

Bluetooth will not turn on - A6

CarlH Moderator

Hi @MarkRead. Has this only just started happening or have you never been able to turn the Bluetooth on? Can you test it in Safe Mode? To activate this,m resstart your phoen but whilst it's powering up, keep the 'Volume Down' button held until you reach the home screen. If done correctly, Safe Mode will be displayed in the bottom left corner. 

Top Liked Authors