Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A51 Bluetooth issues

(Topic created on: 12-02-2020 08:20 AM)
YousefOmar
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I've always enjoyed my Samsung smart phones, but not my new A51. I have a serious problem with bluetooth. Bluetooth connection keeps disconnecting and/or stuttering. I have a feeling its software is buggy. Has anyone faced this issue and if yes, do you know of a solution? I have updated the software to the latest version.

** Further updates (4-Feb-2020): today while playing an audio book on my bluetooth headset (Samsugn Level U), voice disappeared and I could only hear noise; I had to restart the phone to resolve the issue (back to Windows 98 theme); I hope Samsung can resolve this asap. It is a serious issue.

** Update (10-Feb-2020): i have just installed the update A515FXXU2ATA8/A515FOJM2ATB1/A515FXXU2ATA8 size: 351.39 MB (dated: Feb 1, 2020). will start testing and provide updates in a few days. 

** Update (14-Feb-2020): after a few days of testing, I can confirm the Bluetooth issues no longer exist. I have been playing Bluetooth audio and no disconnections or stuttering occurs. 

Thanks,

Yosuef

405 REPLIES 405
Rem74
Apprentice
Options

We're 7 days ahead since my complaint and still no solution for Europe (in my case the Netherlands). Soon I want to buy 700 Samsung A51 for corporate use. With this Bluetooth issue I can’t set-up a corporate roll-out and I’ll probably have to switch to another manufacturer.

0 Likes
Kroontje
Explorer
Options

Hi all,

Its an understatement to say that this issue is really annoying. 

What bothers me the most though is the lack or communication from Samsung related to this issue.

I've contacted the customer service (Netherlands) via whatsapp. They gave me the same instructions as they gave the rest of you. Although my phone is 10 days old I needed to reset the whole thing. Resetting the whole thing and starting in safety mode didn't resolve the problem. They said I need to send my phone to them. 

When I asked if this was a common problem with the A51 they simply said no. I couldn't believe the lack of information that they gave me. Also they made it look like it was just 'bad luck' for me.

I've copied this adress to them and hope that they can come out with a statement because it seems a software issue.

Does anyone know when the the software will be available in Europe (or the netherlands).

@rem74

There is also a dutch topic with people who are having the same issues. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Other-Smartphones/Bluetooth-problemen-nieuwe-Samsung-A51/m-p/155...

Cheers!

Jiemoo
First Poster
Options

I have the same problems with my A51 and its really annoying. Samsung centre didn't help, I went there within 24 hrs I bought this phone. This is the first bluetooth issue from all my samsung devices. Hope samsung will figure out to fix it soon.

0 Likes
beta1b
Pioneer
Options

Hey huys.

GOOD (sort of fix) news and BAD news:

I got my A51 back from RMA, that everyting is OK. LOL. 

I do not know who, where and what phones got second February update to fix BT audio problems.
I factory reseted my A51 several times. After the factory resetet, without SIM and WI-fi, I instaled NordVPN akp from SDcard and use my credentials. Did not get no updates, even If i use US, Vietnam, South Korea, Singapure servers. So that did not work.

I find the info that the updates for A51 will come every 1/4 of a year. I cannot wait that long, If they are even going to fix BT audio. So the next regual update I think is going to be in summer.  I cannto wait with slutternig that long.

On Sammobile they have old firmware from December: A515FXXU1ASKJ A515FOXM1ASKJ

I downloaded old DEC firmware and just downgraded my A51 to 15 DEC 2019. And the first thing that I get in the phone is to disabled in developer option to Auto Update System. (in initial setup I DID NOT connect to wifi)

So now I have A515FOXM1ASKJ and I confirm that BT audio is working 99% better. I need to do more testing.

I am now listening to Youtube in background samsung and google play is updating apps.

RMA warranty is usseles, so I sad to my self, If I am going to brick, go to he... with the phone.

I have SM-A515F/DSN   (operator version - Slovenia Mobitel)

I do not recomend A51 to no-one. Do not buy this phone. 

When I am going to se official update to fix BT audio problems, then I will update. And then you buy this phone.

Aragorn
Journeyman
Options

There is another thread in the German community about it:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Andere-Smartphones/Galaxy-A51-Bluetooth-Verbindung-hakt-setzt-be...

In that thread on of the mods confirmed that his colleagues could reproduce the issue and are now working on it. Means: Again waiting for either any fix or firmware update to ASL4(?) in order to get BT working again properly...

M0rix
Explorer
Options

Samsung replaced my phone with a new one.

read in the link below :

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-A-Series/GALAXY-A51-without-any-problem/m-p/1557372

beta1b
Pioneer
Options

We know!

Today I downgraded and now I found in Settings > Sound quality and Effect> Equalasier, UHQ upscaler and Adapt Sound.

With SL6 update I think I only had Dolby Atmos.

beta1b
Pioneer
Options

To remove update notification to new SL6 update:

Developer options:

Running services > (two services System update> stop)

Auto update system > OFF

Software update > Auto update over Wi-Fi > OFF

piechu83
Journeyman
Options
same issue might be observed for A7.... constant connecting and disconnecting. BT: technology older than smartphones... hard to understand that we may face such issues with it.... @SAMSUNG: please provide fix as this is real JOKE that it is still not available
0 Likes
norticx
First Poster
Options

and what about playing music from spotify?

0 Likes