Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A51 Bluetooth issues

(Topic created on: 05-02-2020 06:24 PM)
YousefOmar
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I've always enjoyed my Samsung smart phones, but not my new A51. I have a serious problem with bluetooth. Bluetooth connection keeps disconnecting and/or stuttering. I have a feeling its software is buggy. Has anyone faced this issue and if yes, do you know of a solution? I have updated the software to the latest version.

** Further updates (4-Feb-2020): today while playing an audio book on my bluetooth headset (Samsugn Level U), voice disappeared and I could only hear noise; I had to restart the phone to resolve the issue (back to Windows 98 theme); I hope Samsung can resolve this asap. It is a serious issue.

** Update (10-Feb-2020): i have just installed the update A515FXXU2ATA8/A515FOJM2ATB1/A515FXXU2ATA8 size: 351.39 MB (dated: Feb 1, 2020). will start testing and provide updates in a few days. 

** Update (14-Feb-2020): after a few days of testing, I can confirm the Bluetooth issues no longer exist. I have been playing Bluetooth audio and no disconnections or stuttering occurs. 

Thanks,

Yosuef

405 REPLIES 405
M0rix
Explorer
Options

Hi, you can return your phone to the company. It seems like they couldn't solve the problem very quickly.

0 Likes
Kolev
Apprentice
Options

From the link it looks like they are launching unexpected February security update so there is a hope it will arrive with some fixes.

Link: https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-a51-and-galaxy-a8-2018-get-february-security-update/

If someone get update and install it, please test and writte if there are any fixes

Ice-Rabbit
Journeyman
Options

The patch A515FXXU1Axx6 is breaking the BT on the device. Don't install !!!

Wait for patch A515FxxU2Axx8 to be released in your reagion. This is now (5-feb-2019) released in Russia...

DENVIC
First Poster
Options

Tried it but still no changes

Ice-Rabbit
Journeyman
Options
What did yoy try? The firmware A515FxxU2Axx8? Or other steps to fix?
0 Likes
littlenezt
Apprentice
Options

just bought the A51 5 days ago, having the same bluetooth stuttering issue i thought its only on my unit lol,
im from Indonesia.

edit : 

i suggest everyone to write error reports on their Samsung Members app so the samsung devs will read and acknowledge, that there is an issue with bluetooth on the A51.

or open the bluetooth settings,  press the three dots on the top right and select the "Contact Us" option and write the error reports there.

JoseYounes
First Poster
Options

Today I got an update from A515FXXU1ASL6 to A515FXXU1ASL4. I don't know if this is a downgrade because they mentioned many bug fixes and camera upgrade, but I can confirm that bluetooth problem is gone. Tried it with wifi and GPS on, all stuttering problem gone. Will test it more.

Dom333
Apprentice
Options

Hi, thank you very much for report. Waiting for this Update now. I'm from Germany and have Bluetooth problems since Version xx6 from 2. February.

0 Likes
MihaiPavelescu
First Poster
Options

As of   Friday February 7 an update came that solved my bluetooth stuttering connection to Mitsubishi ASX hands free and audio system. Did a half an hour tour running in the same time navigation with Waze, Dash cam HD filming ahead, and YouTube music via mobile internet.  Without any interruption.

0 Likes
Aragorn
Journeyman
Options

Facing exact the same problem. Since installation of update A515FXXU1ASL6/A515FOXM1ASL6/A515FXXU1ASL3 bluetooth connection keeps stuttering while playing sounds/music.

Music works fine without bluetooth, so it's not an app issue. Worked fine befor the update, so shouldn't be a hardware issue either. Any help / information about update are appreciated.

German chat support is not helpful, obviously they are not yet aware of that issue.

0 Likes