Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A51 Bluetooth issues

(Topic created on: 05-02-2020 01:25 PM)
YousefOmar
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I've always enjoyed my Samsung smart phones, but not my new A51. I have a serious problem with bluetooth. Bluetooth connection keeps disconnecting and/or stuttering. I have a feeling its software is buggy. Has anyone faced this issue and if yes, do you know of a solution? I have updated the software to the latest version.

** Further updates (4-Feb-2020): today while playing an audio book on my bluetooth headset (Samsugn Level U), voice disappeared and I could only hear noise; I had to restart the phone to resolve the issue (back to Windows 98 theme); I hope Samsung can resolve this asap. It is a serious issue.

** Update (10-Feb-2020): i have just installed the update A515FXXU2ATA8/A515FOJM2ATB1/A515FXXU2ATA8 size: 351.39 MB (dated: Feb 1, 2020). will start testing and provide updates in a few days. 

** Update (14-Feb-2020): after a few days of testing, I can confirm the Bluetooth issues no longer exist. I have been playing Bluetooth audio and no disconnections or stuttering occurs. 

Thanks,

Yosuef

405 REPLIES 405
tayyabz
First Poster
Options

having the same problem

0 Likes
StephanT1988
First Poster
Options

i bought the a51 about a week ago and i also have problems with bluetooth disconnecting and stuttering when listening to music. its realy annoying fix this asap samsung

0 Likes
WinifredChen
First Poster
Options

In that case, the Samsung factory standard is really low!

0 Likes
optimo57
Apprentice
Options
Hi!
I'm from France. I have the same problem...I'm wondering what Samsung is doing??
gregM1978
First Poster
Options

I have the same bluetooth issue. I've been using Samsung phones for a long time but I'm disappointed now... A51 sucks, I can't connect to many devices or the connection is very bad. I hope Samsung will solve quickly this issue and do something for us.

0 Likes
Ice-Rabbit
Journeyman
Options

Same here.
A hard reset and disabling wifi makes is a little better. But wait for a real solution.

And the problems started after the update. Before update I could use it normally.

So DON't update immediatly. Check if the update is AFTER 1-feb-2020.

MihaiPavelescu
First Poster
Options
Yeah, Mitsubishi ASX from 2011 pairing worked with countless phones up to few days ago when I got my A51. I had to be getting back to my old phone while in the car. It's a shame.
0 Likes
Kolev
Apprentice
Options
Is that update fixing something with the bluetooth or it is the update which brakes it, because it is in the news but it us also with old kernel? https://m.gsmarena.com/first_update_for_the_samsung_galaxy_a51_improves_camera_stability-news-41366....
0 Likes
HoChingYUNG
First Poster
Options

I have same issue too.  After reset the bluetooth caches, clear data and disable the Optimise battery usage for bluetooth last night, my device worked well today.

To reset bluetooth caches and clear data:

Setting --> Apps -->tab on the menu (right corner) --> show system apps -->bluetooth  --> Storage 

click "Clear data" 

To disable Optimise battery usage:

Setting --> Apps -->tab on the menu (right corner) --> Special access --> Optimise battery usage --> All --> Bluetooth

Turn off the optimised on Bluetooth

0 Likes
Rem74
Apprentice
Options

I've tried the solution from HoChingYUNG but it doesn’t work for me. My Samsung Gear S3 is freaking out and so am I. It constantly loses the Bluetooth connection with my Samsung Galaxy A51. The same happens with my Jabra Bluetooth headset. It is since the last software update. for me, in the Netherlands, that was this morning (February 5).

Samsung needs to solve this very quick, My Bluetooth devices including the most important devices like my watch and car-connection are unusable

0 Likes