Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A51 Bluetooth issues

(Topic created on: 31-01-2020 05:16 PM)
YousefOmar
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I've always enjoyed my Samsung smart phones, but not my new A51. I have a serious problem with bluetooth. Bluetooth connection keeps disconnecting and/or stuttering. I have a feeling its software is buggy. Has anyone faced this issue and if yes, do you know of a solution? I have updated the software to the latest version.

** Further updates (4-Feb-2020): today while playing an audio book on my bluetooth headset (Samsugn Level U), voice disappeared and I could only hear noise; I had to restart the phone to resolve the issue (back to Windows 98 theme); I hope Samsung can resolve this asap. It is a serious issue.

** Update (10-Feb-2020): i have just installed the update A515FXXU2ATA8/A515FOJM2ATB1/A515FXXU2ATA8 size: 351.39 MB (dated: Feb 1, 2020). will start testing and provide updates in a few days. 

** Update (14-Feb-2020): after a few days of testing, I can confirm the Bluetooth issues no longer exist. I have been playing Bluetooth audio and no disconnections or stuttering occurs. 

Thanks,

Yosuef

405 REPLIES 405
Kolev
Apprentice
Options

I was choosing a new Samsung phone for about 3 weeks and the only model that seems to be a rational decision was A51, but it looks like that I lost the last hope. Please write a reply if one day the problem is solved, because I want to buy it, but it is useless with that connection/modem issues. I am reading also about problems with taking screenshots - the classic combination of keys does not work, so is there an update which will enable the function to take screenshot via keys?

0 Likes
MightyAli
Pioneer
Options

@Kolev 
The screenshot is working just fine. You just need to press the power button + volume down once (Don't hold). The Bluetooth is an issue in many Midrange phones where the WIFI interferes with the Bluetooth frequency. You can solve it by turning off the WIFI temporarily. Hopefully, in the next update everything will be fixed. The phone itself is pretty capable, it is just the software is not so optimized for it yet, I feel they just slapped OneUI 2 on it without optimizing it. Although, I'm really enjoying it, the display is the best among all of the midrange smartphones hands down. The camera is really good during daytime, but need some work for low light shots. The colors are really accurate with good dynamic range. The battery is also a solid 8 to 10 hours of screen time. Or from 6 to 7 if you play a lot of games or use the cameras a lot. If you need a phone that is really fast, then this might not be your best option as its speed is pretty mediocre. It runs most games just fine and the gyroscope in games works really well. The phone is always cool, it never gets hot even under extreme loads. You probably could find better Chinese alternatives for less price, but it is really up to you. I suggest you to try it before buying it if you can.

MightyAli
Pioneer
Options

@AntS wrote:

Hi all,

I've let our software team know about this one. Can anyone experiencing this issue send error reports with log files via the Members app as soon as it happens please?

Samsung Members > Get Help > Send Feedback > Error Reports > [select error type] > attach a description and tick ‘send system log data’ > Send.

(Or: Long-press the Samsung Members icon on the Apps screen, and select Error reports from the dropdown menu, etc.)

I'll report the problem. Thanks for your help.

djpno76
Explorer
Options

@Ants how do we get the errror logs ? 

AndrewL
Options
@djpno76: When you first select Error Report, a message will appear saying 'Send System Log Data?' Select 'Always' or 'Just This Time' and any logs will be automatically included in your report. Hope this helps.
Ali123
First Poster
Options

Bluetooth is a frequent discount

0 Likes
M0rix
Explorer
Options

Hi AntS, I sent many times my log-files in Samsung members. If you want, I can tell you my email address to check my log-files.
but I want to know, could you test these conditions on Galaxy A51?

1- try to connect the L2TP VPN network (My Problems: 60 seconds after VPN connected, the phone crashed and restarted suddenly.)
2-try listen to music on Spotify (or other online music players) with Bluetooth Headphone Or Speaker when you connected to Wi-Fi Network. (My Problems: Bluetooth audio skips or stutters)
3-during you listen to music try to using other applications (My Problems: Bluetooth audio skips or stutters)

If you don't have these problems, please give me more information about your firmware and phone version.

0 Likes
M0rix
Explorer
Options
0 Likes
WinifredChen
First Poster
Options

I bought a new A51 last week. It also has thw same stuttering problem with its Blue Tooth connection and playback!!!! Any channel to make this complaint to Samsung and replace it with a new one.

0 Likes
Brkkck
Explorer
Options

Samsung customer service says the device works in accordance with the factory standards :))))))))

0 Likes