Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

A50 problem after update (March 2020)

(Topic created on: 30-03-2020 02:54 PM)
Vigo01
Apprentice
Options

Hi,
My Galaxy A50 had absolutely no problems before the last update (March 28, 2020).

After the update, my phone works very slowly and my memory fills up with itself, 63/64 GB. While the size of my files is 24GB.

Someone has the same problem? or other problems?

Thank you.

14 REPLIES 14
Vigo01
Apprentice
Options

20200330_004119.jpg

0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hi @Vigo01. Do you have WhatsApp on your phone? If so, there may be duplicate pictures or videos on there.

0 Likes
Vigo01
Apprentice
Options

Thank you for you reply @CarlH.

I don't save WhatsApp files on my phone, only on Google Drive.

my phone has become super slow since the update.

I deleted a lot of applications but it didn't change anything.

0 Likes
CarloL
Hotshot
Options

Okay, try also deleting any third party app, document, music track, picture and video that you don't need anymore, as this will free some space in your storage. Afterwards, head to: Settings > Apps > Select each app > Storage > Clear cache. Also, go to: Settings > Device Maintenance > Optimize now.

0 Likes
Solution
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
After the update did you do the "wipe cache partition " in the system recover setup ?
The one where you turn off your device,
"Hold volume up and power button" together until the android recovery logo shows , release the buttons and and a list will show up, which contains lots of options , one being "wipe cache partition " not to be confused with the format device or wipe device options.
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
After an update sometimes settings from previous can conflict, or even just temp cache can be an issue, so I find the wipe cache partition helpful
0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
It can take a while for your system to settle after updates
0 Likes
Vigo01
Apprentice
Options

Thank you @

GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
Hopefully given time the memory issue will settle, good to hear your phone isn't as slow as it was getting though