Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A50 Fingerprint not working

(Topic created on: 21-01-2020 08:48 PM)
Gillian2
Apprentice
Options

Is there a resolution for this problem . It has got worse since the last upgrade.. had this phone since December and it has always been problematic.  It is hardly working st all now. 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Try removing your fingerprints and re set them back up.

Set them up as you naturally hold the phone and press your fingertips on each corner of the set up sensor and a few directly on the sensor. This helps when unlocking if you don't press exactly plum square on the sensor.

Set 2 same fingerprints to greatly improve how the phone accepts your scan.

I have dry skin which hinders the sensor so using lotion and pre misting my finger via my tongue helps. Not the best scenario I admit ! :winking-face:

Also some screen protectors can hinder the scanner too @Gillian2 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

Solution
Gillian2
Apprentice
Options
Licking my finger does work and set up 2 fingerprints.. thanks very much

View solution in context

15 REPLIES 15
IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

@Gillian2 wrote:

Is there a resolution for this problem . It has got worse since the last upgrade.. had this phone since December and it has always been problematic.  It is hardly working st all now. 

Some users reported that moistening the fingertips when adding the fingerprint helps. Some mods asked some users to bring their phones to Samsung to get a new sensor.

Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Try removing your fingerprints and re set them back up.

Set them up as you naturally hold the phone and press your fingertips on each corner of the set up sensor and a few directly on the sensor. This helps when unlocking if you don't press exactly plum square on the sensor.

Set 2 same fingerprints to greatly improve how the phone accepts your scan.

I have dry skin which hinders the sensor so using lotion and pre misting my finger via my tongue helps. Not the best scenario I admit ! :winking-face:

Also some screen protectors can hinder the scanner too @Gillian2 

IreibeX
Hotshot
Options

There's a known problem :

https://news.samsung.com/global/statement-on-fingerprint-recognition-issue

I suspect they've implemented a stricter checking in the update to avoid or workaround these issue. Now it maybe that some sensors, which are not that good, because there's always a certain distribution with respect to quality, have more problems than others. So if it just doesn't work with your smartphone, bring it to Samsung and let them swap the sensor. There are cases where they did this.

Gillian2
Apprentice
Options
Many thanks..it is Getting worse , I have tried without the screen protector and I have added and removed prints many times. Aldo saved three of my own prints. I think I will send it back.
Solution
Gillian2
Apprentice
Options
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Gillian2 wrote:

You're very welcome @Gillian2 

You possibly suffer from dry skin like me then.

I'm glad my suggestion to wet your finger helped.

:winking-face:

0 Likes
Genex5
First Poster
Options

IT DOESNT WORK!  I PUT MY FINGER THE A LONG TIEM  THEN ITS START AT 0%  THEN WHEN I PUT IT ON AGAIN IT ASKED ME TO PUT IT TO OVCOVER WHOLE AREA ITS STUCK IN A LOOP  DOES NOT DETECH THUMBPIRNT AT ALLLLLL!! THIS IS NONSENSE

0 Likes
Genex5
First Poster
Options
IVE TRIED PUTTING MY WET TO OILY GFINGER AND THUMBS NOTHING WORKS!! LICKING ??? SERIOSULY
0 Likes
Genex5
First Poster
Options

WAHT DO YOU MEAN U HAVE DRY SKIN...    SO WAT HAPPENS WHEN U DONT HAVE LOTION???  THIS IS NOT UR FINGERS PROB ITS THE SOFTWARE UDPATE IT USED TO WORK FINE OR WAS THE SENSOR NOT SNESITIVE ENOUGH INT H FRIST PLACE??/

0 Likes