Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

A50 Fingerprint issue for two months

(Topic created on: 25-12-2019 09:36 PM)
TJM
Explorer
Options

I basically want to know IF there is an update planned to fix the mess with the fingerprint sensor, which fails even to register fingerprints since november.

I can't help but feel this was intentionally broken, just to push the more expensive stuff. Never have I experienced this with the five S Models I owned over the years.

I'm going to sell it as "soon" as it is fixed and for now I'm done with the brand.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
TJM
Explorer
Options

The fix is switching to a brand that uses a traditional fingerprint sensor. I can live without UFS storage and AMOLED if I can have a working phone with better battery life and a working fp sensor, for €100 less...

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hello @TJM 

I'm sure you've tried the advice to delete and reset up the fps.

And when setting up do so as you naturally hold the phone and in particular set up a fingerprint around the four corners of the scanner.

I personally set the same fingerprint up twice.

I use a screen protector but imo that does not interfere with my scanner on my Note 10. I use the Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector. 

I've read that the new Samsung One Ui 2.0  / Android 10 improves the fps experience too.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
TJM
Explorer
Options

Yes, I have done two factory resets and when I am lucky enough to register one, it gives me the "make sure the sensor is clean and dry" error.

I don't use a screen protector.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Fair enough @TJM 

Then hopefully the Android 10 will improve the fps or if can get to a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre for a diagnostic.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
SeigfriedA
First Poster
Options

The finger print sensor broke after the November update. And a new update was realised and the issue wasn't addressed. It is like it was deliberately ignored. The Android 10 update doest come till April. Unlocking my phone is so uncomfortable. The October update was fine they just ha md to ruin it. How do I get a fix ? Formatting is not an option 

Solution
TJM
Explorer
Options

The fix is switching to a brand that uses a traditional fingerprint sensor. I can live without UFS storage and AMOLED if I can have a working phone with better battery life and a working fp sensor, for €100 less...

0 Likes
Mike451
Explorer
Options
I had the same problem with the fingerprint sensor on my Samsung Galaxy A50 phone. I contacted Samsung Electronics and I had my phone picked up by UPS and given a fold up box to put your phone in. Within a week you will get your phone back fixed, they will put a new fingerprint sensor into your phone free of charge. Please don't use screen protectors or the fingerprint sensor doesn't work. I hope this information helps with your problem with your Samsung Galaxy A50 phone.
0 Likes