Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A5 firmware

(Topic created on: 22-07-2019 03:59 PM)
burrell
First Poster
Options

Hi

Have just joined i have a A5 2017 which does not the option to enable WiFi calling, it's being suggested that if I carry out a firmware update that it may give the option. I have found the firmware download page but need to find where the model details are to be found on the phone ? I have looked on the 'about my phone' screen but itonly gives me a shorten version of the model nuber'

Thanks in advace for any suggestions

H

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Usually Wifi calling is driven by the networks sim card. 

Has the feature been enabled by your network and as importantly does your network list your model of phone an eligible model.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
burrell
First Poster
Options

Thanks for your reply, theres nothing straight forwards about the problem the phone at first belonged to my Graddaughter on 3 she had it unlocked and gave it to Nan we put the EE sims in it from her old phone and all works OK with the eception of wificalling ! I have spoken to EE who have tried to help but they say the firmware on the phone with be that of 3 and they can't 'push' new firmware. I have found some firmware updates one for EE but none for 3 so I,m reluctant to download firmware if I dont know (a) it's the right firmware and (b) it will cure the problem

heers

H

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @burrell 

It's likely that the phone supplied by 3 has it's own blend of firmware on it along with carrier updates.

It sounds like EE can only supply that feature to phones supplied by them then as it has their blend of firmware on it.

A bit non forward 5hinking if so as people are always getting phones unlocked to all network's and or buying them direct from Samsung.

I suppose this would force a person to get the phone off the network generating more revenue if that's the case. 

There are custom roms available which could help although if you new to this area then please proceed very cautiously if at all.

Putting a custom rom on the phone can go well bit if it does not then the phone can become unstable or unusable.

A good site to learn from is xdadevelopers.

Disclaimer > A person attempting to download a custom rom on their phone does so at their own risk.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes