Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

A40 both camera lenses offcentered

(Topic created on: 17-07-2019 05:31 AM)
Jotenko
Apprentice
Options

Hello, all.

I just purchased a brand new Galaxy A40, been using it for more than one week and loving it.

It came to my attention that both of the camera lenses of the smartphone are offcentered. The cameras work just fine, the images do not have dark edges at all, but I'm just wondering if this is somehow problematic or is it completely normal? Is this situation normal according to Samsung assembly specifications?

Front camera / Rear camera:

DSC_0045.JPGDSC_0041.JPG

Thanks.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Jotenko 

Looking at Samsung's Info Page on that model of phone.

The lenses are not off centered.

See zoomed in screenshot.

Lenses not off centred.Lenses not off centred.

Now the next step is upto you @Jotenko 

If the issue isn't affecting pictures then carry on using it.

Or ask the supplier of the phone if it wasn't directly from Samsung to swap it out.

What I'm thinking is you don't want any future issues with the cameras or the possibility of being declined support because they think the phones been tampered or dropped making the lenses like that.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Solution
Jotenko
Apprentice
Options

Samsung gave me an official reply on this: "after looking at the pictures sent, we inform that the device doesn't have any anomaly."

That's all I wanted to know.

PhantomBuster
Apprentice
Options

Hi there! I just bought a galaxy A40 with the same problem (a little less pronounced)  and I'd like to know if it gets worse over time or if it's nothing to worry about?

Thanks!

0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options
I don't think the position will change as they are fixed units , the slight look of being off centre is probably just the cutout and not the actual lens.
Jotenko
Apprentice
Options

Nothing to worry about. It does not get worse at all. This is probably just your OCD kicking in over a new shiny device.

I must also say that this is the best cellphone I ever had, if it wasn't for the subpar battery life it would be perfect. The offset camera lenses and some scratches it has now give it personality.

PS: Most of the cellphones, regardless of the brand, have some kind of offcentering going on in their cameras, I noticed after that.

0 Likes
PhantomBuster
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the info, I spent all my savings on this phone and was a bit stressed about it (OCD kicking in lol)