Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A3 dropping home wifi

(Topic created on: 27-05-2019 05:33 AM)
TinaP1
First Poster
Options

Please could someone help? My Samsung Galaxy A3 keeps losing/dropping my home wifi. Apart from re-starting the phone and router (which is about 1 foot away from me!) could anyone give me some simple step-by-step instructions (if any) to perform on my phone please. Many thanks!  xx

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You could try forgetting the network in your phones wifi settings and then reset it back up.

You could also try splitting the frequencies in your router to 2.4ghz and 5ghz as some devices prefer one over the other.

Does your phone connect and stay connected to other sources of wifi such as another persons router or a coffee shop etc  ?

A Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre can run a diagnostic test on the phone too.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
TinaP1
First Poster
Options

Hello,  many thanks for your help and reply.  

I've tried forgetting the home Wi-Fi,  then re-connecting. I'm afraid that doesn't work. Funnily enough it stays connected to other Wi-Fis such as my friend's and sister's. 

I don't know how to split the Wi-Fi as you suggested. Is there something on my phone's settings that I could do? Best wishes T

0 Likes