Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Newsroom

Find the latest news and tips about Samsung products and services. Read articles, reviews, photos and more.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palm swipe to screenshot

Discover
Samsung Content Creator
Options

Samsung_Hacks_Banner_Opening_SEUK.png

Swipe the screen with your palm to capture a screenshotSwipe the screen with your palm to capture a screenshotPlease Note: Availability of this hack may be affected by your device model or OS

We love Palm swipe to screenshot because it’s fast, easy and looks a little bit cool. It’s an alternative to the traditional two-button, power and volume down screenshot method, or asking Bixby to help you out. Here’s how to set it up:

1. With the device unlocked, swipe down from the top of the screen to reveal the Quick Settings panel.
  2. Tap the Settings icon. It's the cog-like symbol on the right-hand side near the date and time.
  3. Now find Advanced features and then Motions and gestures
  4. Scroll down to Palm swipe to capture and slide the toggle to activate
  5. Find the screen you wish to capture and swipe the bottom edge of your hand across the screen. Your palm should be open with your four fingers pointing away from you and your thumb on top (like a handshake)
  6. The edge of your hand should touch the screen as you swipe

This gesture will not work while the keyboard is shown.

If you've got a hack of your own to share, let us know in the comments below!

The Community Team :handshake:

Discover more:

Samsung Hacks: Smart alert

Samsung Hacks: Blue light reduction

Samsung Hacks: Multi-language keyboard

10 Comments
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

I actually use this screenshot method all the time ^-^ Its awesome! :smiling-face:

AntS
Options

I'm so used to doing the two-button method I tend to forget about the palm one when I'm using my own phone. :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Just tried it now. It's so much better. Cheers @Discover ! :smiling-face-with-sunglasses::thumbs-up-sign-emoji-modifier-fitzpatrick-type:

SjorsK
Maestro
Options

I think I'm getting the same issues with the S-Pen haha, the S-Pen makes things slightly too easy ;D (If that's possible :winking-face: )

dh444
First Poster
Options

Not available on J5 (2017).

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Certainly the palm swipe  method is so covenient and quicker than using Bixby.

Eddie4
First Poster
Options

I've just purchased a Galaxy A12 model number SM-A125F/DSN is palm swipe not available on this model. Thank you.

ReachPrince
First Poster
Options

Unable to use palm gesture am using model M32 5G

ardee
First Poster
Options

Not the best of the many features of my Samsung phone. The issue: not consistent. Works "sometimes."  That's not good enough. Additionally, because you have to touch the screen, if you're screenshotting a webpage, the page can easily change.  I'll take the two button method - clunk and old but at least I know it works 100% of the time and has zero effect of what's on the screen. Nice try though.

carrielee2112
First Poster
Options

Agree with ardee! Swipe to screenshot often just moves the page content, and if you do get your shot, it is of the wrong content 😞 Can't get the nutton method to work either--maybe im not hitting them simultaneously ever tho I think I am. Frustrating.

Elle_fromGalaxy11
First Poster
Options

Hello Samsung users!,

I have this feature enabled but it doesn't seem to work for me at all, when I wave my hand over the screen, nothing happens. How can I get this to work?

Kind Regards,

Elle!