Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

portable blu ray writer Model SE-506, firmware update and windows 10 driver needed

(Topic created on: 01-05-2017 08:49 PM)
alex_74o
First Poster
Options

Dear Sirs,

I have change the operating system of my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10.

When I connect the portable blu ray writer Model SE-506 via USB I can work with CDs and DVDs. But Blu Ray discs are not being recognized anymore.

It seems that the player is not compatible to Windows 10 at all.

Where can I get a driver for Windows 10 and if needed a firmware update?

Many thanks,

Alex

154 REPLIES 154
dvdr880
Student
Options

This model will only play Blu Ray discs burnt by it

KubaPL
Apprentice
Options

Hi everyone

First - sorry for my poor language.

You can download and install a free copy app: 7thShare 4K Blu-ray Player 1.3.14 only for 11 hours.

https://www.giveawayoftheday.com/7thshare-4k-blu-ray-player-1-3-14/

I don't try this app yet, but here is features of this app from site giveawayoftheday:

7thShare 4K Blu-ray Player is an all-inclusive media player software to play any Blu-ray/DVD/3D discs, common videos/audios, as well as 4K Ultra HD videos smoothly.

Play Blu-ray Discs, Blu-ray ISO files, and Blu-ray (BDMV) folders on a Windows computer.
Play 3D Blu Ray videos.
Play DVD discs, DVD folders, DVD ISO files and IFO files from different places and countries without quality loss.
Playback 4K Ultra HD/1080p/HD/General Videos/Audios, like MP4, AVI, WMV, MOV, MP3, M4V, FLV, MKV and more.
Fully supports DTS5.1 and provides super high quality of stereo output without loss.

0 Likes
cybermario
Explorer
Options
and this application makes the SE-506 burn or read blu-ray again?

if not, no thanks....
0 Likes
Namssog
First Poster
Options
I too require updated drivers, firmware and any other SW for my SE-506. I've had the drive for several years and use it while travelling with my HP 2in tablet/laptop. My drive has become "glithchy" in recent times, but the SW requires updating and I can not locate the appropriate downloads on the road. Thanks, Namssog
0 Likes
Deputy276
First Poster
Options

I have four comps. All four worked fine with the SE-506. Fast forward about 8 months and now when I plug it in it says "Driver not found". This is with Windows 7. I suspect one of the Windows updates killed the Samsung SE-506 and I doubt we will ever get it working again. So I have an $80 paper weight.

Hedgehog
Journeyman
Options

Namssog, don't hold you breath waiting for Samsung to fix this, they've been ignoring the issue need for over two years now.  They've clearly decided that great customer service is not one of their priorities.  The product should have either been withdrawn or received an update.  Instead, Samsung have buried their heads in the sand and ignored the issue, if the lack of involvement in this thread, and lack of reliable solution is anything to go by.  How they can not see their lack of action on this is detrimental to their reputation I don't know.  I purchased various Samsung products over several years but this Blu-Ray drive was the last one and it's likely to remain that way for the foreseeable future.

Petros9998
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

I have the DN-506bb/BeBe Samsung blue ray driver. Firmware is SB00 (the one that came with the drive). I wasn't able to write to Verbatim 6x 25GB blue-ray discs. I tried to look for a firmware update but there is nowhere. Any ideas?

0 Likes
isostar50
First Poster
Options

I'm working with Windows 10 Pro, Version 1909 - Portable BD Writer Model SE-506 - March 2014 - Printers and Devices: MT1956 - Device Manager under CDROM: TSSTcorp BDDVDW SE-506BB USB device.

(German-Language)

Treibername: cdrom.inf
Klassen-GUID: {4d36e965-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}
Treiberdatum: 06/21/2006
Treiberversion: 10.0.18362.1
Treiberanbieter: Microsoft
Treiberabschnitt: cdrom_install
Treiberrang: 0xFF0006
Passende Geräte-ID: GenCdRom
Treiber mit niedrigerem Rang: cdrom.inf:GenCdRom:00FF2002
Gerät wurde aktualisiert: false
Übergeordnetes Gerät: USB\VID_0E8D&PID_1956\5&1e7d8db7&0&3

TSST: Toshiba Samsung Storage Technology Korea Corporation - Look here: http://www.tsstodd.com

I've no problems with my BD-Writer & SONY BD-RE - Blu-ray Disc Rewritable Vers. 2.1/2x 25GB -

I'm looking for firmware, because I've problems beetween Panasonic-BD-Recorder and PC with TDK BD-RE.

0 Likes
leoroth
First Poster
Options

need it for dvds do i need drivers never used it/SE26

0 Likes
dvdr880
Student
Options

If you mean burning DVDs it works fine without need for new drivers

0 Likes