Support

Open search

firmware update m2070w

First Poster

the usblist2.exe is the file that comes with the driver download zipped file.

unzip it to a folder, open that folder and you should see the release notes, also the .hd file in the same folder as the usblist2.exe

edit: when you follow the steps above, at the point when your printer says wait & image, this is the time to run the usblist2.exe on your computer that the printer is connected to by USB.

Hi, I have downloaded all the required files usblist2.exe and .hd file. But im unable to open the usblist2.exe file in my mac.

how do i opem an exe file in mac?

First Poster
YES! the missing link. Thank you.
First Poster
I had the same problem. I think the HP support website download link is wrong.
I haven't had a reply to my query, so I got round it by borrowing a windows PC.

Can somebody PLEASE tell me how to get this piece of garbage updated firmware wise?  It keeps saying it has the latest but that's a lie.  TYVM in advance!!

https://www.samsungcloudprint.com/download_firmware.html 

Go to this link and download the newest software for your model.   There should be 3 different files.  Use the extract feature on your File Explorer and you will see the file has an .hd extension.  Windows 10 doesn't like .hd, but no problem: Samsung thoughtfully provided a software to open it (the usblist2 or similar file). 

Power down the computer (If the keypad is locked on the printer like mine was, unplug it). With the power off, press and hold the red Stop/Clear key , then press the Power key (or plug the printer back in) and check to see that the printer display says "download mode".  Then, in the download file (use the thumbnail view),  drag the M2070FW…hd file into the usblist2 (or similar) file.  A black file box will open,  you will see the .hd file open and the numbers run until done, then the black box will close.  Watch the printer display screen, it will begin the firmware update and show the progress in %.  Do not shut off the printer.  The printer will reboot and print whatever documents came with the .hd file.   Voila!

I am not particularly tech savvy, and I had to piece together information from various sources before all the steps came together.  Hope this helps.

Top Liked Authors