Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gear 360 won't save videos - "not enough storage" error

(Topic created on: 01-11-2017 04:38 PM)
Percepto
Journeyman
Options

I keep getting an error message telling me there is not enough storage space on my sd card even though there is 14GB left on a 32GB card. I just saved a 3 minute video from the app but it won't save the 8 minute ones even though they are only just under 2GB in size. I tried to save it  to the internal memory on the S7 as I still have over 3GB left but that didn't work either.
This is very frustrating!
I have the latest firmware installed.
Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
outoftownmd
Student
Options

Hey, I may have figured it out.

So I tried everything.

1) using the bluetooth to transfer/convert to my phone in both internal and external, both which had enough space for the 1.8gb files (~8 min)
2) transferring the file directly from microsd to my comp then to my phone.

3) putting microsd directly into my phone

4) using online converters...

Then now, I just downloaded the gear 360 app for my comp called 'Action Director - http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=UNI_DE&CttFileID=6787528...    
After installing, I plugged the microsd directly into my computer (because when I would try to connect the bluetooth of the samsung 360 4k to my comp, my computer would only detect it as a printer... WTF???)
Anyway, dragged and dropped the videos into the gear 360 dashboard, and they are currently converting. Really slowly. As I type this, it's been 5 min and it's at 6%, but at least something is happening. I'll update more, but this is the last thing I have in mind.

Other than this, keep in mind that this likely doesn't happen on files over 1gb (~3.5min)... so aim to record under that if you can. I have successfully transferred videos under 4 min every time. I'll prob test others before my next major outting. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23
Percepto
Journeyman
Options
Just to confirm, I can record and save on the card in the Gear 360, I am talking about saving a recorded video from the Gear 360 app to the memory or sd card on my S7.
Thanks
hoffner
Student
Options

Hi there,

I have been having trouble with this same issue. Did you find a solution?

Thanks!

Steve

Percepto
Journeyman
Options

No, I was just told to take it to a service centre.
Sorry you are having the same problem, but it's good to know that there is obviously an issue.
Which memory card do you have in your S7?
Mine is the 32gb Lexar 633X
As I wrote, I also tried saving to internal memory but that didn't work either which would suggest that it's not a card issue. I'm just trying to eliminate possibilities.
I have a 32gb Sandisk Extreme Pro in the Gear 360

peddiparth
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue with my S7 edge phone using a SanDisk 200GB microSD card.

Previously I was able to use device manager to optimize & clear cache settings and get it to transfer one video only, but now it is not letting me do that either.

outoftownmd
Student
Options

Hey, did you resolve this yet? Ive tried everything to fix this issue

Percepto
Journeyman
Options

No, unfortunately not. 
The only advice I got from Samsung was to take it into one of their repair centres.
It is disappointing and frustrating.
I'm sure we can't be the only ones...

Solution
outoftownmd
Student
Options

Hey, I may have figured it out.

So I tried everything.

1) using the bluetooth to transfer/convert to my phone in both internal and external, both which had enough space for the 1.8gb files (~8 min)
2) transferring the file directly from microsd to my comp then to my phone.

3) putting microsd directly into my phone

4) using online converters...

Then now, I just downloaded the gear 360 app for my comp called 'Action Director - http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=UNI_DE&CttFileID=6787528...    
After installing, I plugged the microsd directly into my computer (because when I would try to connect the bluetooth of the samsung 360 4k to my comp, my computer would only detect it as a printer... WTF???)
Anyway, dragged and dropped the videos into the gear 360 dashboard, and they are currently converting. Really slowly. As I type this, it's been 5 min and it's at 6%, but at least something is happening. I'll update more, but this is the last thing I have in mind.

Other than this, keep in mind that this likely doesn't happen on files over 1gb (~3.5min)... so aim to record under that if you can. I have successfully transferred videos under 4 min every time. I'll prob test others before my next major outting. 

0 Likes
Percepto
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the update but I already downloaded Action Director and have been stitching my videos this way also. Sorry, I didn't realise you were not already at this stage. I don't see this as a solution, just a workaround, but at least it's something.
Good luck

hoffner
Student
Options

Guys,

The 360 is super buggy. That solution of downloading the raw won’t work in premiere the footage won’t read properly.

The reason it’s too big is because the files remain on your phone as data or cookies or whatever even afte you delete the files off your phone. It stores all raw data in the app itself for any downloaded video. The work around is to delete the app every time you are finished using a round of shooting and then reinstall the app afterwards to refresh the info. Make sure obviously you have max storage avail on your phone. It’s still buggy at times downloading the material to phone, but never had a storage issue when doing this. Once downloaded on my phone I found sending the files via Airdrop from my iPhone to laptop worked best.

good luck!

steve