Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gear 360 won't save videos - "not enough storage" error

(Topic created on: 01-01-2018 04:25 PM)
Percepto
Journeyman
Options

I keep getting an error message telling me there is not enough storage space on my sd card even though there is 14GB left on a 32GB card. I just saved a 3 minute video from the app but it won't save the 8 minute ones even though they are only just under 2GB in size. I tried to save it  to the internal memory on the S7 as I still have over 3GB left but that didn't work either.
This is very frustrating!
I have the latest firmware installed.
Can anyone help?
Thanks in advance

23 REPLIES 23
Percepto
Journeyman
Options

You're right, and it is really frustrating, especially as it was working fine at first!
To make the footage editable in other programs (for you Premiere Pro, for me Vegas Pro) you need this:

It's another step which shouldn't be necessary, but at least it's simple and works fine.

I don't know what you mean that "...the files remain on your phone as data or cookies or whatever..."?
Deleted is deleted, right?
I'll certainly try deleting and re-installing the app, but I seem to remember already doing this, not sure now, I have tried so many things...!
Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
NYCPaull
Apprentice
Options

How many of the folks with this problem have an S7?

0 Likes
NYCPaull
Apprentice
Options

Samsung thinks we've kept our S7s too long and wants us to upgrade.  Each software update looses something.  This option used to work fine.  I smell a rat.

0 Likes
OKSL
First Poster
Options

"@

1) using the bluetooth to transfer/convert to my phone in both internal and external, both which had enough space for the 1.8gb files (~8 min)"

THIS WAS IT THANK YOU!!! I've been scouring the net for this, their instructions should definitely include this step.

0 Likes
tonnyken
Student
Options

a great product, from design to hardware and software, to over every phone on the market now

0 Likes
Visser2800
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

I had the same problem on my S7. Had massive space on internal and external memory, but couldn't save the files from the gear 360 (2016) camera to my phone via bt or wifi. Then I came across another forum, stating that people couldn't save pictures anymore on their Samsung phone with that same message "not enough storage". It seems that the data or cache memory of the "Gallery" app needed to be cleared.

Go to Setting,

then Apps,

then search "Gallery",

select Memory,

and clear Data.

Don't worry, it wont delete photo' or videos. Did that, and the downloading to the phone worked again.

Hope this helps for you all.

0 Likes
AlexGamer1
Student
Options

It was one of my most favourite device, but unfortunatelly after a few month of using I had the same issues, still could solve it.

Even using this source I was not able to make it.

0 Likes
goalken
First Poster
Options

My gear 360 is still available, but it is not possible to keep spinning? Do you know what the cause is, it's very annoying.

0 Likes
johndude384
First Poster
Options

Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.

0 Likes
DavidFarley
First Poster
Options

Well, clean up the phone memory, what's the problem? 

0 Likes