Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Gear 360 camera - PSVR Support

(Topic created on: 04-03-2018 11:06 AM)
robmacom
Apprentice
Options

I have had my camera a few days and took some 360 photos and 360 video. I formatted a hard drive for my PS4 and I placed the video and photos in folders on the drive.

The PS4 media player now recognises VR content and was able to display the photos in brilliant detail, however the video which I stitched and save to the hard drive in the highest quality setting was not recognised 😞

Has anyone any idea how to get the content to work?

I am aware that I can upload the content to YouTube and use the PS4 VR to view it but the quality takes a hit. 

Photos are are amazing though so if any of you guys have PSVR you should try it out it's as if you are in the picture.

12 REPLIES 12
Solution
Luky273
Student
Options

I got it working after 5 minutes trying.... it’s pretty easy. (But I’m not finished and not sure if it’s the best solution)

I stitched the video with the Gear 360 Mac app and converted the .MP4 2560x1280 to an .mp4 1920x1080 (with ViedoConverterPro) put it in an folder on an USB Drive ans tested it on my Ps4 Pro and it worked.

I will post if I figure out something new. But for the time being it works.

Luky273
Student
Options

0 Likes
Solution
MartinH1
First Poster
Options

I found this thread when I was trying to do the same. I've since found a more straightforward way that works on my non-pro PS4. Download the Littlstar app on your PS4. Then stitch the video using Garmin's VIRB edit, which is a free download from their website. Then this is the bit that I got stuck on for a little while. Change the file extension from .MP4 to .mp4. For some reason it doesn't recognise capitals.

Save the file onto a USB device in a folder called Littlstar, then in the Littlstar app you can navigate to the library, and it's in there, and should play perfectly.