Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gear 360 (2107) Action Director Activation

(Topic created on: 08-08-2017 12:44 PM)
andysfunbox
First Poster
Options

I have downloaded and installed the Action Director but I can't find any activation code. 

Q1 - Is the software free? I have purchased a Gear 360 (2017)

Q2 - I have tried to find somewhere to buy the software but with no success. Google ' Buy Gear 360 Action Director' is not giving any results to purchase. Just down load.

Q3 - I have looked all over the Gear 360 box and can't find anything that looks like a serial number.

The main problem is my new windows laptop is not recognising the device

Any advice is greatly apprecaited.

Andy (andysfunbox)

0 Likes
23 REPLIES 23
KellyM
Helping Hand
Options

Hi Andy,

The Action Director software is free to download - you can find all available software for the Gear 360 (2017) on our website here. It also notes what version of Windows is supported next to the download, so be sure to check that it is supported.

The activation key is the serial number of your Gear 360. You should be able to find this on a sticker next to S/N.

Hope this helps! :smileyhappy:

0 Likes
tedouble73
First Poster
Options

Having the same issue. The product key for Action Director is 30 chars, while the S/N for camera is 11. I can not locate my original box. Anyone know of some alternative software solutions if I can't use AD?

0 Likes
andysfunbox
First Poster
Options

Problem Solved :

The link you and I found is an old link. Samsung need to update their inforamtion.

The correct link that will accept your 11 digit S/N is here.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/SM-R210NZWABTU

Rgs 

Andy

0 Likes
Rourke1965
Student
Options

I have been using Samsung products (TV's etc) for years now and have always held them with the highest regard. But this Action Director product key issue is consistant with a company that is absolutely clueless. I have contacted customer support and they are completley lost, it took me 45 minutes to finally get the response, "sorry the product key we gave you is incorrect but it's the only one we have, so you will have to go and ask Best Buy"???? Seriously. Come on Samsung, and please dont tell me the product key is the serial number, it's not!!!!!!

Rourke1965
Student
Options

It is NOT solved!!!! Wake up!!!!!!

0 Likes
CarolinaW
Voyager
Options

Hi @Rourke1965! We're looking into this for you, and we'll be in touch with some troubleshooting shortly. :robothappy:

0 Likes
CarolinaW
Voyager
Options

Hi! Where did you buy your Gear 360 from? To activate the 2017 version, you'd need to download and install the correct version of action director onto PC. When selecting to open, it will request the serial number of the 360 camera. Then connect the camera to the PC via USB cable. It will now verify and activate the software. If you bought your Gear 360 (2017) from the USA, you can download Gear 360 Action Director for PC or Mac from: http://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00066650/ Let us know how you get on please. 

undreams
First Poster
Options

i have the serial number in my 360 camera, but i haven´t the serial of gear 360 directorm how i can have this serial in lost the manual.

thnaks

0 Likes
AntS
Options

Hi @undreams.

Just to confirm, is it the 2017 360 you've got? And which country did you buy it from?

0 Likes