Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in Over Provision in Sumsung Magican after update from v5.x to 6.1.0

(Topic created on: 28-03-2020 12:52 PM)
nesssy
First Poster
Options

Just Updated Samsung Magican from v5 to 6.1.0 and dont work Over Provision (but worked in v5.x and older) 

After scan get error "Unable to get the volume information"

Hardware: SSD 850 PRO 256GB

I have not posibility to reinstall OS (it will takes a few days to complete settings OS and Soft)

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Hi @nesssy 

We recommend reaching out to our dedicated Memory Team. You can contact them by email at: Samsungmemory@hanaro.eu

0 Likes
PeterMega
Student
Options

I had problems about the new Samsung Magician update(6.1.0) and I fixed it with an uninstall and reinstall.

0 Likes
MartinStorer
Student
Options

I realise that it's been some time since your original post and perhaps you've found another way around this, but the fact remains that this is still happening as I, myself have experienced this problem today in January 2021.

Some people have reported that reinstalling windows fixes this and some appear to have just uninstalled and reinstalled "Samsung Magician" to get it to work...?

My solution to this problem was to disable my Windows 10 Home data security software and then just rerun the Over Provisioning process.

The data security software that I disabled/shut down was "Norton 360 Autoprotect" and "IBM Trusteer Rapport" I'm not sure which one of these it was that was causing the problem but suspect it was "Norton" as it does protect against other programs accessing the disk drives at a low level which the "Samsung Magician" utility is obviously going to be attempting.

Since most antivirus/malware etc protection software will be working in a similar way to "Norton" I would suggest anyone else with this problem try disabling their antivirus software in the first instance an then trying to set the "Over Provision"

If it works for your report back here with a comment regards the software you had to disable so that this can seen by others and the problem can be marked as solved.

SAMSUNG: (if you're listening...?) If this is a solution it might be worth you advising people, via a message in the Magician utility, to disable antivirus software etc before trying to set the OP.

0 Likes