Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cursor is possessed

(Topic created on: 01-02-2017 02:17 PM)
skb
Student
Options

Sorry guys, but there seems to no longer be a 'computer' message board, hoping this is gets answered anyway. 

A few months ago, I was playing around with the new update on my old Series 5 ultrabook (never any problems), that has Windows 10 Home, and unsuspectingly did something to my mouse and cursor that I thought was smart at the time.

Now, when I am typing (not just in a Word doc), my cursor will move to wherever my mouse is on the screen, disregarding the fact I was typing here, and now thinks I want to type wherever my mouse is. This means I have to stop typing, click back onto the original area and resume typing, hoping to hell that it does not do it again and berefting me of sanity and time. 

I scoured though the setting again to try and undo it, but cant seem to find the bloody thing. Window support community seems to think this is a hardware thing. 

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AntS
Options

Hi @skb. :smileyhappy:

Just to confirm, is it this Ultrabook you've got? And does this happen when you're using the touchpad, an external mouse, or both? 

0 Likes
skb
Student
Options

Hi AntS. 

Yes, I have a Ultrabook. And it happens when I am not touching the keypad at all. I will be happily typing in a document, with my arrow/cursor off in another location on the screen. Then sporadically and without provocation, my typing will suddenly move to wherever my cursor is on the screen. I have only read of this situation on one other message board;  https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-desktop/my-cursor-moves-to-wherever-mous...

And think it must be the most strangest (but simple to fix) situation ever. 

Thanks for whatever you think of!

0 Likes
AntS
Options

It may be a driver issue you've got. Windows 10 installs generic rather than specific drivers.

Are you able to run the Samsung Update Tool/Samsung Update application to see if it'll find more specific drivers?

0 Likes