Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Echo Dot won’t connect to Samsung Soundbar

(Topic created on: 19-11-2018 10:58 AM)
Rosygemma
First Poster
Options

Hello,

i bought my my husband an Echo Dot for Xmas thinking we’d be able to pair it through Bluetooth to our Samsung soundbar. But the Echo doesn’t find the Samsung device so I’m unable to pair.

has anyone else figured out how to do it? I can’t find any info on the internet to help.

thanks 

12 REPLIES 12
SWLondon
First Poster
Options

@Rosygemma wrote:

Hello,

i bought my my husband an Echo Dot for Xmas thinking we’d be able to pair it through Bluetooth to our Samsung soundbar. But the Echo doesn’t find the Samsung device so I’m unable to pair.

has anyone else figured out how to do it? I can’t find any info on the internet to help.

thanks 

@Rosygemma

I am sure you have already found a solution by now, but I just bought an Samsung HW-K450 sound bar and I was having problems with it connecting to my Echo dot.

So, I logged into the alexa desktop app on my PC and added it via "settings" = > "add new device" and it worked.

See helpful article link below:

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/amazon-echo-pair-with-a-bluetooth-speaker/

I did read that some people use an alexa skill to connect to a bluetooth speaker, but I found that process took ages and utlimately did not work.

Dudazippity
First Poster
Options

Had the same problem, followed directions on CNET for successful solution.  

0 Likes
Jose1023
First Poster
Options

Excellent quick fix using that CNET article, but it looks like it's only a temporary plug in, in which you are prompted to repeat those steps all over again, so to make a permanent fix you'll need to invest into a smart hub device and download the SmartThings app as a liaison so that these devices and apps can communicate with each other.

0 Likes
melusi
First Poster
Options

My Amazon Echo 3rd generation is connected to the samsung soundbar via bluetooth but when i test the sound is not coming on the soundbar. Please help what can be wrong. The sound is still coming on the Amazon echo but the settings on the acho is Bluetooth speakers 

0 Likes
IoSyaf
First Poster
Options

You need to go into your alexa echo via amazon alexa app, and go into audio settings and add your bluetooth speaker to pair it with. Pairing with the home thing will need additional plugins from samsung account

0 Likes
mdilukshan
First Poster
Options

Been a Samsung loyal customer over a decade now. Recently purchased Q60T TV and Soundbar.  

Had the same problem and now resolved by login into my Alexa account via computer. Thank you for the help here.

0 Likes
GarethC
First Poster
Options

I recently got a Samsung HW-T650 which has BT and no wi-fi.  Could not get Alexa to connect to it even though my Android phone "saw" the speaker.  Finally found a solution via Samsung "did you know" where in the Alexa app, I clicked on "Echo and Alexa" button and that way Alexa found the speaker.  My belief is that Alexa will recognize automatically Amazon devices and also those on wi-fi (it saw my wireless printer) but the soundbar did not show until you go into the "Echo and Alexa" button.  Hope that helps someone.

0 Likes
franz1235
First Poster
Options

Hey so you were able to connect your Alexa to the HW-Q60T soundbar? I want to get one and thats important to me.  Thank you.

0 Likes
franz1235
First Poster
Options

Worked with the alexa app

0 Likes