Support

Open search

XBOX ONE X Question - (VRR Passthrough?)

First Poster

Looking for some help here with my current set up.

I’ve found elsewhere online a suggestion to connect the Xbox One X straight into my Samsung HWQ90R Soundbar and utilise the 4K pass through to the TV, and then connect the TV to the soundbar.

This works fine, I’ve had no issues BUT I only recently realised I’m not taking advantage of the LGC9’s VRR capability. 
I’m fairly certain the Soundbar doesn’t allow for VRR pass through. 

Now, the flip side of this is that by connecting the Xbox One X into the TV and then running the TV to the Soundbar, is that I lose the True Dolby Atmos feature, or so I’ve read.

Does anyone else have a similar set up? And if they do, what is more beneficial? I’m sure that currently there’s no way to have both VRR and TDA so I have to choose between the two.

Will I experience much of an improvement using VRR? The C9 has a low input game mode which has proved to be great.

Not sure I want to sacrifice the Dolby if I’m not going to notice much change.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
Superuser I
Superuser I
I have absolutely no knowledge about LG TV's because I'm into Samsung (Kinda obvious for a Samsung Superuser ). But I will explain what you have to do on a Samsung TV.

Scenario. XBOX -> TV -> Soundbar (In terms of Audio Signal).
In this case you have to configure the TV on PCM/Bitrate. This will make sure that the signal will get send though unmodified. No idea if that works on LG but it does on Samsung)

That should help you with maintaining the dolby atmos signal (If it works the same as Samsung)
Top Liked Authors