Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 26-10-2019 05:39 PM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
jobean
Navigator
Options

@denodan wrote:
I am getting atmos through my q90r tv on my Nvida Shield. And found q90r soundbar. Have both connected to ARC and getting Atmos through soundbar using Nivida Shield.

Yet when I thrn off the sheild and go source as tv got atmos through tv and soundbar.

XBox X needs to be plugged directly into soundbar bar to get atmos.

I don't know what TV you have and I am a PS4 user but here are some possible problems and solutions

• The HDMI port on your TV where you connect your XBOX to is not on 'Passthrought' but 'Bitstream' of 'PCM'
  • The Audio output on the XBOX is on 'Auto' (don't know if that is possible on XBOX) and your TV does not support Atmos. So it sends 'Bitstream' or 'PCM' to your TV.

0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options
No look at sound settings with Xbox X and tv says Dolby digtial plus. Same as Nivia Shield and Netflix app lists what's atmos. Even when atmos comes through the soundbar says dolby atmos. Dont get atmos with Xbox x plugged into tv but directly in soundbar.

Yet the Nivia shield is getting atmos and hear sound bouncing off roof and helicopters sound like above me. Same as Xbox same thing. Xbox games that support atmos are amazing and hear sound from every direction even above me.
0 Likes
denodan
Navigator
Options
Even setting up atmos on Xbox using atmos sound it confirms I have atmos enabled and that is going directly through the q90r soundbar.

The Nivia shield is running through tv and can confirm tv is not running pcm but dolby digtial plus is says it's running on and atmos movies or videos come up showing as dolby atmos through sound bar. Not running on tv speakers but q90r soundbar.
0 Likes
Adartsson
Apprentice
Options

Im having lip sync issues on my q80r setup, both tv and soundbar. This problem occuers when playing dolby digital. Changing to pcm, the issues dissapears. This is when im using a digital tvbox, and im wondering if there eventually would come an Earc update to the tv, would this fix the lip sync problem? 

denodan
Navigator
Options
Mine is I see set to digtial dolby plus and no lip sync issues on my Q90R tv and q90R soundbar. I keep reading how people are having this issue? I certianly an not and my sound is not set to pcm but is set to dolby digtal plus as running through soundbar watching netflix it auto changes sound to this setting and getting dolby atmos through soundbar and never had or have any lip sync issues? So cannot understand why people are having this issue? Have samsung updated the firmware in the q90r tv or something? Just not experiencing issues
0 Likes
Adartsson
Apprentice
Options

@denodan wrote:
Mine is I see set to digtial dolby plus and no lip sync issues on my Q90R tv and q90R soundbar. I keep reading how people are having this issue? I certianly an not and my sound is not set to pcm but is set to dolby digtal plus as running through soundbar watching netflix it auto changes sound to this setting and getting dolby atmos through soundbar and never had or have any lip sync issues? So cannot understand why people are having this issue? Have samsung updated the firmware in the q90r tv or something? Just not experiencing issues

Doesnt the q90r tv have earc?

0 Likes
storkmusic
Explorer
Options
No the q90r TVs do not yet have the eARC firmware update Samsung has promised. When that happens that should eliminate all of these issues.
denodan
Navigator
Options
Well I dont have any of those issues
0 Likes
MrTest
Explorer
Options

@denodan, the issue is with external devices plugged directly to the TV. Native apps on the TV function correctly

Rogmeister
Apprentice
Options

my replacement q90r soundbar arrived. Now works perfectly with my 65cx.  No more cutting out or lack of earc. As soon as i turn it on it says earc on the screen. Loving the soundbar so far

0 Likes