Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 12-03-2020 10:30 PM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
SpongeyBob
Pioneer
Options
I get Atmos on Netflix but not on Prime or Apple (via TV)
0 Likes
smuller76
Explorer
Options

Stephen Winters is now saying probably May 2020 lol 😂 

0 Likes
bjornland
First Poster
Options

@smuller76 wrote:

Stephen Winters is now saying probably May 2020 lol 😂 

So by next year then?...... 🤣

0 Likes
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

Last time I talked to Samsung rep he said eARC update for HW-Q90R is coming mid-June 2054, together with the release of HW-Q999R TV & Soundbar series with Ultra Atmos and Super eARC+ for 2054 models.

bjornland
First Poster
Options

@mike1986krk wrote:

Last time I talked to Samsung rep he said eARC update for HW-Q90R is coming mid-June 2054, together with the release of HW-Q999R TV & Soundbar series with Ultra Atmos and Super eARC+ for 2054 models.

Are you sure? I thought it was 2055?

0 Likes
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

@bjornland wrote:

@mike1986krk wrote:

Are you sure? I thought it was 2055?

They speeded up the update process due to community pressure :smiling-face:

0 Likes
Alifewang
First Poster
Options

Hi 

Can you let me know how you setting? 

I get issue when I connect TV and soundbar, 

Sound bar swithc to D.in and connect to TV, 

after I switch TV audio output to HDMIarc, soundbar doesn't switch to TV arc and stay with D.in.

I can use TV remote to control sound volume however there is no sound from sound bar.

0 Likes
jobean
Navigator
Options

Hi,

Did you connect the HDMI cable in the right order? There are arrows on the cabel which should point the right way.

You can find in the manual how to connect it the right way.

Good luck!

0 Likes
miw76
First Poster
Options

Got it working thanks . Netflix app on tv 

0 Likes
miw76
First Poster
Options

Hi - it should be D.in input but then shows HDMI Arc. My set up is HDMI arc on tv to same on soundbar 

0 Likes