Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 23-01-2020 03:48 PM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
jobean
Navigator
Options

Hmmm.... in the Samsung download center there is no new Qled update. What's your source?

0 Likes
SuissoNaBisso
Pioneer
Options

@jobean wrote:

Hmmm.... in the Samsung download center there is no new Qled update. What's your source?

No actually he's right but only for Europe I think at least on UK website.

But UK website does not provide change log on updates while US website does. So let's see when it will be available for US what's new on this QLED update, if eARC is part of it then we might have a chance to see it for soundbars too

0 Likes
fjpadilla
Apprentice
Options

AT Spain site there is the new firmware too.

I have just installed. I can't see any diference

0 Likes
dr12
Journeyman
Options
No earc?:)
0 Likes
akotlyrov
Apprentice
Options
Also there is no nvidia Gsync when I connected PC directly to soundbar (I have OLED B9)
Samsung is very disappointing me. There wont be any problems if we have eARC. ***** you, samsung
0 Likes
dr12
Journeyman
Options

So I have some questions regarding what kinds of signals this sound bar can pass through on its HDMI port.

1. Can it pass through VRR,ALLM?
  2. Has it been updated to pass through 4k 120fps like its counter part TV has?

very important things for upcoming consoles... ps5....

0 Likes
pasab
Apprentice
Options

@dr12 wrote:

So I have some questions regarding what kinds of signals this sound bar can pass through on its HDMI port.

1. Can it pass through VRR,ALLM?
  2. Has it been updated to pass through 4k 120fps like its counter part TV has?

very important things for upcoming consoles... ps5....

I think neither of those features are supported

0 Likes
fb767
Explorer
Options

Got inspired by @SuissoNaBisso's test and tried plugging my Shield directly to my LG C9 (eARC enabled) then another test directly to my soundbar. 

On my Shield went to About > Status > HDMI > Audio Mode. This is what I saw for both options and honestly I'm not really sure the difference or meaning of both.

Connected to soundbarConnected to soundbar

Connected to TVConnected to TV

0 Likes
Clapton94
Journeyman
Options
This is only what the shield supports
0 Likes