Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 22-12-2019 11:14 PM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
abc123xyz
Explorer
Options

@NatFlenders wrote:

My Nvidia Shield TV 2019 defenitely passes through Dolby Vision to my LG Oled B6. This just works.

I'm starting to think it's the soundbar and my TV not playing nice together. I'll have to make some calls to Panasonic support.

abc123xyz
Explorer
Options

@Amburz57 wrote:

Just a quick update about the issues with my Xbox one X not playing Dolby Atmos on netflix  but working on c9 netflix app and Apple TV netflix app. After speaking to Microsoft Xbox department it was a issue with my Dolby Access app preventing it working. I had to uninstall re download it and set it up again for headphones and home theater. Now it works fine but still with the major lip sync issues. Maybe that's why the Xbox has lip sync issues because of via the Dolby Access app, who knows !

Apple TV 4K also has massive lip sync issues but only when ATV>GZ1000>HWQ90R. When I use ATV>HWQ90R>GZ1000 it's perfectly synced but no Dolby Vision. Same thing goes for Xbox One X. I have decided that I prefer to have working audio over a minor picture quality improvement. To be honest the standard HDR10 looks incredible on the Panasonic. Maybe both Samsung and Panasonic will update my devices to eARC but at this point I don't care anymore and I'll just enjoy what I've got. 

0 Likes
Amburz57
Explorer
Options

I'm like you I'm sick of it all! Don't care either, my next buy will be Sony end of.

0 Likes
Lovegolf44
First Poster
Options

Not to add insult to injury but one soundbar I'm very interested in is the Klipsch Bar 54a accounced last January. I haven't heard jack about when it'll be released and I've tried contacting Klipsch to no avail. Right now the HW-Q90R is the best option from what I've read for the best Dolby Atmos given the added rear speakers. I haven't pulled the trigger on anything yet myself. 

0 Likes
jiready82
Apprentice
Options

I bought the Q90r and HW90r soundbar bundle during the black friday sales.  I have come to understand that the only thing I need atmos lossless for is the audio from my 4k collection stored on my NAS and streamed through my local network using Plex. So this means my Plex client will need to be connected to my soundbar.  I was planning on using an Nvidia shield Pro as that client, but I am also thinking that my TV and Shield support VRR, which means when streaming my PC games to the TV it will have to be connected directly to the TV.  Am I right here? If so, does  Roku ultra pass lossless atmos to the soundbar?  It sounds like I will need 2 external devices, to compensate for all of Samsungs shortcomings.  That's a real bummer.

It is so frustrating that Plex is available on my TV apps, but I cannot use it because the TV only has a 100 speed ethernet, and not gigabit.  If it did have gigabit ethernet, then Earc would mean alot more, becuase then i wouldn't need to buy an external Plex client to make up for the "Flagship" TV's shortcomings.

My blind loyalty to Samsung has cost me too much this time.  I will definitely be giving LG my future business.

mikeb147
First Poster
Options

I'm hoping someone can help me here with my setup.

I have an LG C9 connected to a Samsung Q90R sound bar, and an Apple TV 4K connected to the LG C9.

I can get Dolby Atmos when watching Atmos content on the LG C9's apps, e.g. Disney +, but when I watch the same content on the Apple TV, it doesn't show as Atmos supported on the sound bar.

Am I missing a setting somewhere on the Apple TV or C9, which is preventing Dolby Atmos being passed to the Q90R Soundbar when watching from the Apple TV?

0 Likes
mikeb147
First Poster
Options
I have the same setup, but when I play Atmos content on my Apple TV, I don't get the "Dolby Atmos" displayed on the sound bar, I get the message displayed when playing content using the C9 Apps through, any ideas?
0 Likes
zoric
Explorer
Options

Try to connect your Apple TV directly to soundbar ,and then connect soundbar to tv thru ARC...see if it helps.

0 Likes
all999
First Poster
Options

Hi guys!

Another one post about worst experience of best sounding soundbar system. I had C8 and N950 for couple months and I had audio delay on Webos apps going through ARC. Shield or ATV connected to N950 worked great. Lately I have changed my TV to C9 and the delay was the same (100-200 ms). I sold N950 and bought Q90R yesterday. C8, that I have for another two days so I can test has 2 settings under Arc connection. PCM and Auto. C9 has eARC and 3 options - PCM, Auto and passthrough. We're not interested in PCM so I'll skip that one. Auto on C9 has no delay but it sounds much worst than passthrough, which has a delay. There is just a little surround on auto. What is the difference between C8 and C9 auto Arc option that they sound different? Any suggestions what can I do to get proper lipsync on passthrough? I'm testing Atmos on Netflix and Disney+ Webos apps. Should I get 2.1 hdmi cable? Thanks!

0 Likes
DanielFFF
First Poster
Options
Hi all, I'm dealing with these issues now too. I have a Q90R TV and a Q80R Soundbar with a 4k HDR10+ 60P 4:4:4 Dolby Atmos Blu Ray Player. Everything but the TV supports e-arc.

Can anyone help me with my setup? I have a post here:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Audio-Video/How-to-set-up-Q90r-TV-Q80r-Soundbar-4k-HDR10-Dolby-A...
0 Likes