Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 18-12-2019 08:04 PM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
zoric
Explorer
Options

This is very strange,I thought that Q90r can passthrough Dolby Vision....

0 Likes
abc123xyz
Explorer
Options

@zoric wrote:

This is very strange,I thought that Q90r can passthrough Dolby Vision....

strange, my post on this.topic just disappeared. 

zoric
Explorer
Options
Lol...Anyway,I support all things you said...I would check again for Dolby Vision support,because alot of people confirmed that Q90r can pass Dolby Vision...
0 Likes
abc123xyz
Explorer
Options

@zoric wrote:
Lol...Anyway,I support all things you said...I would check again for Dolby Vision support,because alot of people confirmed that Q90r can pass Dolby Vision...

All that for nothing. ha. it's like someone didn't like what i was saying and made it go away. I'm not sure why it doesn't work for me. I'm especially surprised that the Apple TV doesn't pass through the Dolby Vision. That's a big fail in my opinion.

0 Likes
abc123xyz
Explorer
Options

Would it be possible that I am getting Dolby Vision to pass through the soundbar but my TV is not showing it in the source info for some reason? I don't have another HDR capable TV just laying around to check. lol.

0 Likes
zoric
Explorer
Options
Hmmm,I’m not familiar with your TV,but on my LG C9 there is always info when HDR,DV,Atmos is on...
0 Likes
fb767
Explorer
Options

@abc123xyz wrote:

@zoric wrote:

All that for nothing. ha. it's like someone didn't like what i was saying and made it go away. I'm not sure why it doesn't work for me. I'm especially surprised that the Apple TV doesn't pass through the Dolby Vision. That's a big fail in my opinion.

I actually see your post at the bottom of page 29 :).

0 Likes
abc123xyz
Explorer
Options

@zoric wrote:
Hmmm,I’m not familiar with your TV,but on my LG C9 there is always info when HDR,DV,Atmos is on...

when i run the source directly to the my TV it  clearly shows that Dolby Vision is being input, so when it's not there I'm probably not getting DV. I'm  just trying to come up with theories sfor what's going on. Anyone with a Panasonic OLED and the HW-Q90R have any thoughts on this?

0 Likes
NatFlenders
Explorer
Options

My Nvidia Shield TV 2019 defenitely passes through Dolby Vision to my LG Oled B6. This just works.

0 Likes
Amburz57
Explorer
Options

Just a quick update about the issues with my Xbox one X not playing Dolby Atmos on netflix  but working on c9 netflix app and Apple TV netflix app. After speaking to Microsoft Xbox department it was a issue with my Dolby Access app preventing it working. I had to uninstall re download it and set it up again for headphones and home theater. Now it works fine but still with the major lip sync issues. Maybe that's why the Xbox has lip sync issues because of via the Dolby Access app, who knows !

0 Likes