Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is going on with eARC update for the soundbar HW-Q90R?

(Topic created on: 05-11-2019 09:08 PM)
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi everyone,

I need some clarification, as to be honest the Samsung support staff are hopeless with knowing anything about their own products. 

I was on chat with support enquiring about the eARC firmware update for this soundbar, he replies to me saying it doesn't have eARC?! 

the whole reason I purchased it was because of this update, I have the LG C9 which is eARC!

if they don't provide this firmware update to allow it, then this soundbar is going back for a refund. 

864 REPLIES 864
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi guys,

sorry this isn't directly related to Samsung BUT I had confirmation from LG today that on eARC setting you need to ensure you have it on passthrough as this is what was designed for working with eARC enabled. 

im doing this post as I've seen a few people confused by it. So when the Samsung firmware update comes next month to ALL 2019 TVs and soundbars (Q series) and if you have an LG c9 ensure eARC is turned on and set to "passthrough" NOT auto or pcm.

hope this all helps. 👌🏼

0 Likes
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options
Hi mike, I Jsut made a post about the LG c9 I had LG confirm today that when eARC is turned on ensure it’s set to “passthrough” and not auto or pcm. She told me she spoke to head office as wasn’t too sure and they confirmed passthrough was created especially for eARC supported audio. Hope this helps 👌🏼 So next month you can enjoy lossless audio with your Samsung Q soundbar when the update is released
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

@zhspence wrote:
Hi mike, I Jsut made a post about the LG c9 I had LG confirm today that when eARC is turned on ensure it’s set to “passthrough” and not auto or pcm. She told me she spoke to head office as wasn’t too sure and they confirmed passthrough was created especially for eARC supported audio. Hope this helps 👌🏼 So next month you can enjoy lossless audio with your Samsung Q soundbar when the update is released

Not for me as I am Netflix user, but it's better to have it rather not to. But hopefull eARC will competly remove lipsync issue.

mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

It's 5th today, Samsung. Time is ticking.

"One batch. Two Batch. Penny and dime".

0 Likes
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options
Middle of the month is when it comes out. I don’t have the exact date but that’s what I do know. 👌🏼
mike1986krk
Navigator
Options

Will it come first for TV's and then soundbars or everything at once?

0 Likes
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options
I’m not entirely sure which will come first, though it may be a universal roll out.
0 Likes
_oSo_
Navigator
Options
Any news about the update?. I’m excited about this and hopefully it happen, I have the Q90R tv and the HW Q90R soundbar. I get Dolby Atmos from Netflix and Prime Video as well as VUDU when using the apps on my Samsung tv which is connected to the soundbar via the ARC HDMI port. I also have an Xbox One X connected to the tv but when using the Netflix app on the Xbox One I only get 5.1 audio. I know Xbox supports Dolby Atmos but for me it’s impossible to get it with my current set up. Hopefully with the update I can enjoy Atmos on all my devices.
0 Likes
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options
Hi there, it is 100% coming out this month and it’s around the middle of November. Netflix doesn’t support 7.1 surround only 5.1 anyway.
0 Likes
zhspence
Pathfinder
Options

Hi, I think I misread your message. That's odd, I have the Q90 soundbar connected directly to my LG c9 no other devices connected to it so the sound all comes from the hdmi arc. Whenever atmos is supported the soundbar always changes it to DA. I have read that Samsung tv's aren't the best for atmos as they rarely support it. Do have a look in your tv setting under the hdmi arc part and see if there is an auto setting. I'm not too familiar with Samsung tv's 

0 Likes