Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UHD Blu ray player stutter

(Topic created on: 01-01-2018 06:24 PM)
Jamesmccaul
Apprentice
Options

I have a UBD K8500 UHD Blu ray player plugged into a UE49KS800 UHD Samsung tv. The picture on Blu rays and UHD Blu rays is amazing but randomly during movies I'm noticing the picture will stutter just slightly. Someone's movement will jump ahead ever so slightly. I'll rewind and play back and it's fine so it doesn't repeat in the same place but several times during a film I'll notice it and it's very annoying. Live chat support talked me through the hard reset but this hasn't helped. Has anyone else had this problem?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
markt
Journeyman
Options
ive had a couple of samung bluray players over the years..all have done this.
i even bought the one you mention and it was unbearable to watch,i should have stuck to my instincts and not bought it.
took it back and paid a little extra for a sony ubp x800 and havent looked back since.
why they do it i dont know...poor processor? memory?
0 Likes
Jamesmccaul
Apprentice
Options

@markt wrote:
ive had a couple of samung bluray players over the years..all have done this.
i even bought the one you mention and it was unbearable to watch,i should have stuck to my instincts and not bought it.
took it back and paid a little extra for a sony ubp x800 and havent looked back since.
why they do it i dont know...poor processor? memory?

Thanks. That's really helpful. Having a Samsung telly I thought it'd be easier and had read mostly positive reviews for the player. Have you had no 

probs at all with the Sony? I'd looked at that one also. Was thinking of getting Samsung to service mine but now maybe will do the same as you. The x800 seems to have good reviews too. 

0 Likes
markt
Journeyman
Options
had no problems with the sony up to now.
looks good and heavy too,stronger build quality by far.
0 Likes
markt
Journeyman
Options

hi..did you get any joy with youre problem ?

0 Likes
chuckhenson
Student
Options

i have the same problem with this player got it back in aug 2016 they have update it 3 times but still no luck i would love to see this problem fixed i really like this player but the stuttering in the picture is killing me this makes the 4 samasung player i have bought over the years

Jamesmccaul
Apprentice
Options

I gave up on Samsung in the end. Got a more expensive Sony UBP X800 after a recommendation and haven’t looked back. It’s so much better. No stutter and an amazing picture. 

Jamesmccaul
Apprentice
Options

Yeah man, I got the Sony and it’s excellent. No stutter and an amazing picture. Thanks again for the advice. 

chuckhenson
Student
Options

update -after the new update  on this player the 1014 this is playing  much better the picture looks sharper and the shuttering is pretty much gone way to go samsung

0 Likes
markt
Journeyman
Options
too little too late for me and any others who ditched it.
should be flawless out the box..not months later lol.
0 Likes