Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

UE49MU7070 & HW-MS650 soundbar low volume problem

(Topic created on: 07-08-2017 10:21 AM)
Dtag
Student
Options

Hello,

Last week (1-8-2017) I purchased a new UE49MU7070 and HW-MS650 soundbar after reading all the great reviews the soundbar had.

I have the soundbar connected via a HDMI cable connected between the TV and the soundbar (using the ARC compliant HDMI port on the TV)

I have found though, that the output volume is not what expected when using a signal derived from the TV (satellite program from internal TV decoder, Netflix app on the TV, Youtube app on the TV, etc.). I can increase the volume to 50 and the sound level increases as you would expect, but from 50 to 100 the level hardly changes, and even at the maximum volume the sound level is not what you would expect from a 180W soundbar, infact it is still quite low.

Now I know it is the TV that has the audio problem and not the soundbar for the following reasons:-

1. If I use the TV speakers instaead of the soundbar, I still have the problem with volume increasing OK up to to 50 level, but from 50 to 100 there is hardly any increase.

2. If I use the spotify app on the TV, the sound level does go loud. If I play the sound from the soundbar the sound goes really loud (just like all the reviews say it does)

3. And this is the real test that shows it is a TV problem. I also have an X-Box one connected via HDMI to the TV. If I play a movie from Netfilx on the X-Box the sound from the TV/Soundbar increases normally all the way up to the max 100 setting (and sounds great!) as soon as I swith over to the Netflix app on the TV the sound level drops dramatically, proving beyond doubt that it is the sound level coming from the TV that is the problem.

The TV has the latest firmware, and I've gone through all the sound settings on the TV but I can't find anyway to fix the problem. I've found other people complaining about low volume from the soundbar on the internet, but I think it is the TV and not the soundbar that is the problem, I am assuming that all the people who are complaining have the soundbar connected to a Samsung TV.

Has anyone else come across this problem or does anyone have anything for me to try before I take the TV back?

Thanks

David

Go to solution
61 REPLIES 61
clark1
First Poster
Options

I fought with the low audio too, I even bought a more powerfull samsung soundbar. In the end the trouble turned out to be a low volume setting on the cable box. I had been using the tv and soundbar audio remote to adjust the volume, but the max volume was being controlled by the cable box. Make sure to use the cable box remote to max out the volume from the cable box, then you can use the tv or soundbar remote to adjust volume through the full range. 

0 Likes
hardtoaccept
First Poster
Options

It is very well known that Samsung is very aware of the issues with the smart tv's they produced. It is a hardware issue that would require replacing every tv produced with these components. This would be very, very costly. Samsung has made the decision to do nothing however. In fact they won't even offer the truth about this matter while a customer beats his head against the wall trying to solve, what they know to be, an unsolveable issue with component selection made during the manufacturing process. This is how Samsung rewards it's faithful customers who have trusted them when they do not deserve their trust and expressed that faith by purchasing their faulty equipment. 

Samsung does not deserve your customer loyalty when they mislead you about faulty products they've produced but will not repair.

0 Likes
hardtoaccept
First Poster
Options

Samsung and it's employees are misleading this entire community. There are component issues with their smart tv sound. There are numerous post about these issues. Samsung, however, has chosen to offer nothing to those customers with affected smart tv's. They won't mention this either...

0 Likes
smoochEing
Apprentice
Options

Absolutly agree. I've tried everything, but no success. I called samsung services, they couldn't support me or gave any racional idea that I've not tried yet. Just bull***** things.

I won't buy any other samsung component in the future.

0 Likes
Crawford
First Poster
Options

I had same issue as others here but have solved it

I have Samsung UE50NU7400 TV with HW-MS650 sound bar connected via HDMI (ARC)

Any audio played via TV, Sky, Amazon Prime app, Fire Stick all had low volume. Even at 100 sound not particularly loud. Playing music direct to sound bar via Bluetooth from iPhone or iPad gave excellent sound, 30 volume loud, excellent quality

I spent 2 hours with Samsung support,  no success. They suggested I return the sound bar for exchange

Then I found my solution. In Settings/Sound I changed the Sound Mode to “Smart”

Now sound is excellent from all sources. Volume at 30 is really clear. Going higher gives superb sound and great volume if desired.

0 Likes
smoochEing
Apprentice
Options

Hi Crawford,

Thank you for the tip. Sadly the sound settings/sound mode option is greyed out in my TV, if the speaker is 5.1.

If I change to the TV's speaker, then I can adjust the sound mode, but after I change back to 5.1, the sound mode move back to "Normal"..

I gave up this sh...t 😞 :smiling-face:

But thanks!

0 Likes
Edgie70
Troubleshooter
Options

Hi everyone , I've read about the low volume and sorting it out by using the Samsung connect app , I've got a 43" Samsung TV and a Yamaha sound bar connected via optical only and the volume is low , I have to crack the bar right up , does anyone think the app could help in this case ?? 

0 Likes
Yasinbalci
First Poster
Options

Dear all, I have the same problem with Samsung 55MU9000 & hw-m550 soundbar. 

It was connected through optical cable and I got very low sound from YouTube, Netflix, live tv.

only Spotify worked well.

now I tried to connect through bluetooth and it seems work well. I get much higher volume now.

before even i made it 100% it was very low and annoying.

i threw optical cable.

i advise you to try Bluetooth connection 

0 Likes
kirkiscool
First Poster
Options

I just bought a Series 7 58" connected to my Samsung soundbar I've had for a year or so.  My problem is that anything playing from the Smart TV apps, Hulu, Youtube etc I have to turn up the volume to hear it... when I switch over to my DirecTV it's 3 times louder and I have to quickly turn it down.  I've used HDMI ARC to hook up the soundbar, also Optical cable. Makes no difference.  All settings on TV make no difference as well.   Could this be a related issue? 

0 Likes
jocpena
First Poster
Options
This definitely helped me out
0 Likes