Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

UE49MU7070 & HW-MS650 soundbar low volume problem

(Topic created on: 24-01-2018 02:40 AM)
Dtag
Student
Options

Hello,

Last week (1-8-2017) I purchased a new UE49MU7070 and HW-MS650 soundbar after reading all the great reviews the soundbar had.

I have the soundbar connected via a HDMI cable connected between the TV and the soundbar (using the ARC compliant HDMI port on the TV)

I have found though, that the output volume is not what expected when using a signal derived from the TV (satellite program from internal TV decoder, Netflix app on the TV, Youtube app on the TV, etc.). I can increase the volume to 50 and the sound level increases as you would expect, but from 50 to 100 the level hardly changes, and even at the maximum volume the sound level is not what you would expect from a 180W soundbar, infact it is still quite low.

Now I know it is the TV that has the audio problem and not the soundbar for the following reasons:-

1. If I use the TV speakers instaead of the soundbar, I still have the problem with volume increasing OK up to to 50 level, but from 50 to 100 there is hardly any increase.

2. If I use the spotify app on the TV, the sound level does go loud. If I play the sound from the soundbar the sound goes really loud (just like all the reviews say it does)

3. And this is the real test that shows it is a TV problem. I also have an X-Box one connected via HDMI to the TV. If I play a movie from Netfilx on the X-Box the sound from the TV/Soundbar increases normally all the way up to the max 100 setting (and sounds great!) as soon as I swith over to the Netflix app on the TV the sound level drops dramatically, proving beyond doubt that it is the sound level coming from the TV that is the problem.

The TV has the latest firmware, and I've gone through all the sound settings on the TV but I can't find anyway to fix the problem. I've found other people complaining about low volume from the soundbar on the internet, but I think it is the TV and not the soundbar that is the problem, I am assuming that all the people who are complaining have the soundbar connected to a Samsung TV.

Has anyone else come across this problem or does anyone have anything for me to try before I take the TV back?

Thanks

David

61 REPLIES 61
Bandit7
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately, I don't have anything connected to the TV via BT...

0 Likes
skil85
Student
Options

Im having the same issue.

I have a Samsung MU8600 TV. First i bought a sound bar from VIZIO, I noticed the low volume and returned it.

last week i bought a brand new HW-MS650 sound bar, since is a device from the same brand i was expecting an amazing integration. The true is that I'm having the same issue with the volume.

My Sound bar is connected to the TV hub using the ARC HDMI

My cable box is connected to the TV hub using HDMI port

My hub is connected to the TV with HDMI Cable.

=====

Tv Apps:

Spotify: Sound is amazing

Tv from the Tvbox: sound is low ( almost the same level as the TV )

Youtube: Sound is low

Netflix: Sound is low

Tv Box Apps:

Youtube: Sound is amazing

Netflix: sound is average

Cell phone connected to the Sound Bar uisng BlueT...

Youtube: Sound is amazing

Netflix: sound is average

The Sound bar is really good, the audio quality is amazing...

the problem is with the TV, the only application with good audio is Spotify.

It should be great if someone could find a solution because is a really bad experience.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Solution
Hil2018
First Poster
Options

just signed up to provide a solution that worked for me.

This is what solved the problem. i have a Samsung TV 40" and a soundbar Samsung HW-MS651. 

very short answer: TV Ouput should be set to Dolby Digital instead of PCM (eventually other formats)

the problem is the TV ouput not the soundbard. After ajusting the settings (which are sometimes reset for unknown reasons), the sound is suddenly becoming very high, and all related (movie) effects were sudenly distincly very audible

here is what you have to do (of course loook for similar menu in your TV, should be similar):

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpgenjoy!

take care

Naoufel

Amirav
First Poster
Options
I have HW-M550. I read all the comment and tried all but it did not work out. There is really a problem with tv. But if you try to connect your tv with the bluetooth, the sound is awesome. I just did it. Hope this will work.
SandyBee
First Poster
Options
i installed the screenmirroring app on my samsung galaxy s4 and connected to my samsung tv and then through that to the soundbar, now the sound from youtube songs comes through the subwoofer like it did way back when it was new in 2014. THANKS Dan!
valerio871405
First Poster
Options

Good evening 

i just purchase an lg c7 oled , i have now the same problem , on my previuos tv (samsung 49 mu ) i was able to connect my soundbar using the wi/fi and the sound was much loud compare to hd / optical cable , Now i have the same problem but i don't know how to pair my soundbar by wifi with the tv instead using BT , Any idea ? 

thanks a lot 

0 Likes
valerio871405
First Poster
Options
Good evening
try to connect using wifi , the sound would be even better
0 Likes
MajorPlumb
First Poster
Options

This worked. Made a massive difference. Will go back to curry’s and check as not to be greedy, I’m sure it was much louder still in the store! 

0 Likes
rmca85
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have just purchased a Samsung UE55NU8000 tv and it seems the audio issues are still happening. My t.v is connected through the HDMI arc to a LG LAS 455H sound bar. The audio levels for Spotify and playing my Xbox are perfect. However as soon as I use Netflix, Tv plus basically anything through the tv the audio is really low I can listen at next volume and it's not overly loud. Spotify gets to 15!!! and it's loud. Tried the suggested solutions with no success anyone have any other suggestions very frustrating issue

smoochEing
Apprentice
Options

Dear all.

I've bought a Samsung HT-J4530 5.1 system and a Samsung EU49K6370SSXXN television 1 year ago and everything worked perfectly so far...

This weekend I had to move the furnitures and turned off the electricity. After I finished and turned on the power, something went wrong.

I have the exact same problem, that everybody mentioned in this topic... Lower volume with HDMI ARC...  I tried absolut everything.. It's a f***ing joke that the sound system is all right when I watch the TV with Bluetooth, the sound and volume is perfect. But if I change it to HDMI, the volume is lower.. I tried another HDMI, I tried to turn off and on the power again, I bought another HDMI, I tried this interesting screen mirroring solution with samsung S7 (and everything that I've read in this or another topic), but nothing. 😞

I am so mad and bored now. It worked perfectly for 1 year, what the hell happened now? And it is working perfectly with Bluetooth now.. Everything is perfect that is not connected to the TV (FM radio is fine, bluetooth is fine).

Please.. anybody, somebody, any idea? 😕

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes