Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UBD-K8500 problems

(Topic created on: 14-01-2018 02:36 PM)
Tinka1979UK
Journeyman
Options

Hello, im having problems playing any standard bluray disc or 4k disc. 

My player has stopped playing all of my 4k titles and all but one standard Bluray title. This has all of a sudden started in the past two weeks, everything played flawless beforehand. My player is only 5 months old and still in shrink wrap. 

I have updated the software to the latest 1014 but this has not rectified the problem. I have also did a factory reset but again to no avail. 

I also tried omitting BD Live but still no luck. I have no idea why it plays Texas Killing fields on standard Bluray but every other disc fails. 

I get the disc not supported message with every other 4k and Bluray title and the player then automatically ejects the disc. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Model:

UBD-K8500 XU

15 REPLIES 15
ChrisM
SuperStar
Options

Mmm! Very strange! Let us know how you get on David.

tetonbill
First Poster
Options

I am not sure others have the same problem as I have. Mine is that any Brand New DVD either Standard Blu-Ray, 3D or 4K, the dvd player skips somewhere in the playing of the dvd. Sometimes only Once and other times Twice. Its never the same place as before when I play the DVD, again. My old DVD's play just fine. Standard Blu-ray or 3D. I am about ready to replace my player with my older Blu-Ray, 3D player.

Are you able to help me?

@Tinka1979UK wrote:

it seems this is happening to quite a few K8500 players and goes back quite a while looking on google. A select few of old standard blurays work on my player but no 4K films at the moment. Looks like a copyright problem. Everything was fine up until a few weeks ago. I know there has been a couple of firmware updates during this time. 

David.

0 Likes
tetonbill
First Poster
Options

This has been going on for more than a few Weeks. If it is, as you say, a Firmware Problem, Is Samsung trying to come up with a Fix?

0 Likes
ULTRAHD1
First Poster
Options

Any luck with this?  Did you get a resolution?

0 Likes
LL9
First Poster
Options

I'm having a similar problem with my ubd-k8500.  Played a bluray just fine last night.  Put a brand new 4k disc in today and player froze.   Can't even eject the disc to try a different one.  Holding the stop and or fast forward button doesn't do anything.  Unplugged and that didn't help either.  Red power light is flashing.  Please help!

0 Likes
Slaughterhaus9
First Poster
Options

Same problem. 4K and Blu-ray's not working. DVDs are. 

0 Likes